Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner SubSea7 interviews

SubSea7 interviews

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner SubSea7 interviews

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    macca_tm
    Participant

Hi all

Was anyone at the Subsea7 interviews last week for the Trainee ROV pilot position?? If so has anyone heard back from them?? I was told that they would get back to us by today but still not heard anything?? Have tried phoning but it just rings out? Not taking it as a good sign but would still like to know if it a yes or a no!? So any info from anyone else at the interviews would be great!!

Cheers

dandydon
    Participant

Guy I know had interview last week & got offered 195 per day from last weeks interviews and knocked them back

Warthog
    Participant

Was that for a trainee spot? Love to know how £195/day happened, everyone was offered the same in the opening presentation….. there’s a standard amount offered for starting in the Associate Pilot/Tech positions that were open, believe it’s £165 or £167, on the presentation £195 would be what you would progress to after a year+ as a trainee, if you were good enough to move up the next step to Tech 1, that was my understanding of it.

dandydon
    Participant

nae sure warthog,,,
    i’l email him n ask him, he’s done a bit o work for sunsob at their base on denmore rd for a few weeks but not experienced as such,,
    i wouldn’t be surprised if it was true though, what ive heard is that a’body at subsea7 are on differing rates anyway, good lyuck to the first poster though

JoeBolt
    Participant

I received a ‘YES’ call from SS7 last Tuesday afternoon. Just waiting for further details to arrive in the post. I can confirm that they quoted a day rate of £167 for approx. 168 days work as an Associate / Trainee Pilot / Tech. That works out at about £28,000 during the first year.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I received a ‘YES’ call from SS7 last Tuesday afternoon. Just waiting for further details to arrive in the post. I can confirm that they quoted a day rate of £167 for approx. 168 days work as an Associate / Trainee Pilot / Tech. That works out at about £28,000 during the first year.

I spew on that dayrate laddie!!!! (edited) And starting out SHOULD be on par with others. See Rates page – confused yet?

Warthog
    Participant

I spew on you laddie!!!!

Bit of negativity there, holding a bit of animosity to SS7 ?? I think we all started somewhere in an industry, usually at the bottom and with all the IMCA competentcy stuff it isn’t as easy as it was in years gone by to get a start in the industry just by knowing a guy in the pub or blagging your way in….
    So hats off to the guys that get a start and hope they end up doing well, or is it that some of the older hands feel threatened by some of the new talent and skill arriving in the industry ( not everyone, but there are good newbies in there who may show up some old hands!! happens in every industry)

CENTURIONQX
    Participant

Can somebody tell me how many guys were taken by SS7?? from the interview held on the 22nd of August 2008??

Warthog
    Participant

At the moment, they have taken on 2 guys who have already started but rumour (if you believe rumours) is they will take on between 18-22 guys over the next 3-4 months,
    There were something like 550+ applicants, between 70-80 were interviewed…. see what happens!

Optic
    Participant

I went for the interview in South Africa and we where offered £100 per day, strange how it seems to be less or different than what is mentioned above in the thread.They where looking for 8 guys from SA and another 24 from global…. I also spit on the rate…. 😯

ROVRatt
    Participant

Optic, was this for a trainee position or pilot tech?

bobbyg
    Participant

if you believe rumours

Believe them, they are true 😉

STU
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I havent posted for a while now due to work commitments, and have just coma across this thread. From those in the know. is it worth me sending off a CV now for this role?

STU

rovpilot
    Participant

I went for the interview in South Africa and we where offered £100 per day, strange how it seems to be less or different than what is mentioned above in the thread.They where looking for 8 guys from SA and another 24 from global…. I also spit on the rate…. 😯

£100 will go a lot further in SA than £250 in UK

ROVRatt
    Participant

Rovpilot wrote:

£100 will go a lot further in SA than £250 in UK

Really? SA has the most expensive phone calls and internet in the world. Try buying the most expensive cars in the world or a house on 15% prime interest rate. You will have to have a car or two as public transport is non existent or deadly. No catching the late train or bus from town to home cause there ain’t one.

You will also have to fork out monthly for an armed response company to protect your home and family, never mind the cost of burglar bars, IR perimeter detectors, an alarm system or the expensive insurance for your possesions.

Don’t equate your holiday or cheap drinks in SA to the realities of living there.

Please guys, (Back on Topic); – Associate Pilot/Tech. Its TRAINEE for goodness sake!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar