Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Superior Offshore to Close its Doors

Superior Offshore to Close its Doors

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Superior Offshore to Close its Doors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    kangaroo
    Participant

I have just heard that Superior Offshore are liquidating the ROV Division.

Anyone who was working for them can confirm, and give the reason?

I guess there are 3 cheap XLS’s up for sale!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Must have a pretty good reason or very bad luck for shutting down these days!!

tonym2909
    Participant

Its True i’m afraid. They walked into the Houston ROV depot on friday morning and said due to company "restructuring" they will be using outside contracting companies for their ROV work in the future. The guys in the depot were sent to the hotel to await flight details and the office staff asked to clear their personal belongings. As for the 3 cheap XLS’s I have a sneeky suspision that there is someone waiting in the wings to buy them already!! In fact before this happened there was a few companies hovering.
    I am/was an employee who happens to be on leave at this time and have had no official word that I no longer have a job with them ive only heard through the guys talking, very professional manner to conduct business dont you think?

nineball
    Participant

I have just heard that Superior Offshore are liquidating the ROV Division.

Anyone who was working for them can confirm, and give the reason?

I guess there are 3 cheap XLS’s up for sale!

I don’t even understand what is going own myself. (nineball)I was just in the shop last week and now this. It’s shame.

Russell Coffield
    Participant

WOW never seen that coming, just did a trip in Trinidad last month..

would have been nice to let every one know

🙁

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Typical , Sneaky way they do business with someone left holding the empty can and the top brass smelling of roses 👿

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Typical , Sneaky way they do business with someone left holding the empty can and the top brass smelling of roses 👿

And don’t forget the very padded wallets you can barely see through the dust of fast footsteps…. Feel sorry for the guys still owed a paycheck!!

Anonymous

Anyone know what has happened to Paul Letich their Ops Mgr then please???

tonym2909
    Participant

Scotbeve, we will still get our paycheck as the ROV department isnt liquidising it is "restructuring"?!?!?
    ROVWhiner Paul L is still very much in the ROV business and im sure you will hear from him in another role soon!

Mike
    Participant

Feel sorry for all the folks that jumped ship so fast to join the "leading edge company that had endless pockets".

Dont you?

Gyrohead
    Participant

Yea this is a real pity as they had a couple of good guys. But guess those guys will walk into other jobs soon. Feel sorry for the trainees though. Can’t wait to hear from Paul again, should be good as I’ll work for him anyday.

Tommo
    Participant

Bad day at the shop!!!!
    I was there, 815am Friday and in walked senior management plus the local Houston PD. The guys on XLS42 were also greated with the same onboard Gulmar Condor. "Restructuring" well that phrase covers a great deal. Only the VPs personal secretary kept her job, everybody else was sent home. Pay has been promised this week and two weeks severance is also promised. To all the guys i worked with, thank you. You are all very professional dedicated individuals. We shall be back sooner than you think, Paul Letich at the helm this time and it will go right !! I look forward to working with you all again, i have your numbers and email addresses.
    VP has yet to contact ANY of his previous staff in relation to this sad day

Paul
    Participant

Gents….here’s the scoop….SOI had a great opportunity but it was scraped by the adults, they went nutts with the cash and blew 200million…I’m sure someone out there has some new hat’s..!
    Meanwhile 65 guys who know their job’s and positions have been blown to the wind, but I feel not for very long. For the guys out there, things will be happening very soon. The ROV recruiting sharks have been circling and as soon as Canyon US heard they were at the ROV brothel very quickly, offering shite money to the boys that can teach the Canyon wannabee’s a thing or too…no offence Canyon, I guess I’m just venting and thought it small of their upper management to come hunting but then I guess they have everything to gain with the new strong SOI exerts…

Good luck to all and enjoy the sun shine, lots of work out there to all and keep manipulatng the rates… 😀

liddelljohn
    Participant

Superior are making so much money on their other divisions it was probably easy for them to drop the ROV unit as a tax write off.

Superior rep on my last job said that due to demand the day rate for rigs and barges has gone crazy doubled in 1 year but costs only up 7% so profits are bulging.

JCL

Mike
    Participant

the Canyon wannabee’s

Strong words for a trainee… Let me guess, you work for OI as some rig support fart who cant pilot his hand up and down his own umbilical?

I thought so.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar