Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Superior Offshore to Close its Doors

Superior Offshore to Close its Doors

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Superior Offshore to Close its Doors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    jkjoe
    Participant

I was also in the shop on friday and severence was promised but only time will tell if it gets delivered. Meanwhile several guys who were at home when this happened still haven’t been contacted by superior to inform them of what happened. Very sad state of affairs.

Russell Coffield
    Participant

Just been checking the pay situation with SOI, However nothing in the Bank i sense there may be issues with the international contract staff and the allocation of funds to pay for services rendered, still have not received any official information from them regarding this situation,

Typical 🙁

fingers crossed the payment is made…

tonym2909
    Participant

russ, Ive been paid for the work done in January and ive had an email from Debs (got it Friday 1 week after the situation) that officially tells us of the "Restructuring." Ive also had an email from Warren in Payroll to confirm the severance will be paid on March 15th. If you were at sea you get 14 x offshore rate, If you were in depot 14 x Onshore rate and if on leave like me…….14 x retention = next to F**k all!

jkjoe
    Participant

I just recieved a deposit in the bank from SOI for the time worked and severance. I have to admitt I was very suprised to see they actually paid.

Paul
    Participant

Money is there I think…although on my trainee rates, one month’s wages and I can live for a year in Houston…So what are the Canyon rates these days..? I hear they were offering $800 to the Supervisors from SOI..? ❓ Sonsub are hunting personel as well, along with DMT since they have the BOP recovery job now that SOI could not secure a vessel. Anyone want to go to India..?

jkjoe
    Participant

DMT have been in contact with me regarding india and were even more interested when they learned I already had the necessary visas to go

Paul
    Participant

Strong words for a trainee… Let me guess, you work for OI as some rig support fart who cant pilot his hand up and down his own umbilical?

I thought so.

Hello Wixthedog….yeah you have me in a nutshell., you clever hound you..!but is it true that SOI was asked to complete two projects for Canyon last year after Canyon couldn’t operate their system.?..And didn’t Thommo once run Canyon..? I heard he went from Trainee to Supt in less than 3 years ❓ I guess that sort of explans the strength in Canyons personel………. 😕

Paul
    Participant

DMT have been in contact with me regarding india and were even more interested when they learned I already had the necessary visas to go

Word has it that DMT will be looking for people…could be a great job…do you think they’ll take Trainees…? 😛

Paul
    Participant

Superior are making so much money on their other divisions it was probably easy for them to drop the ROV unit as a tax write off.

Superior rep on my last job said that due to demand the day rate for rigs and barges has gone crazy doubled in 1 year but costs only up 7% so profits are bulging.

JCL

Don’t count on it…whispers say the board is trying to close it all down due to the mismanagement via their past CEO/current CFO(who has been released) and COO…seems Torch strikes again..? Fabrication is next then Diving, DT is on his way to try to stem the flow of bubble heads as they are also running…or swimming..? 😆

Tommo
    Participant

Barron, how can a trainee such as yourself know so much, perhaps you did more than make the tea and mop the floor, actually i don’t believe you even know how to switch a kettle on. Long live Starbucks!!!!
    As for the other SOI, sorry, ex SOI guys here, i believe your severance will be processed next week. US employees had theres last week but there was a mistake, check you have been paid 2x7day weeks as they WERE only giving you 2×5 day weeks. Interspec, best you carry on building those little projects of yours and get some business off ebay! perhaps we can all move north and join you.

Paul
    Participant

Yes…I guess I am a clever little over-achieving trainee…but then someone needs to be and I did know where the kettle was I just chose not to throw the switch..! Can’t stand coffee….

Has anyone heard from Soapy..? I hear swampy has offered up his services to the lowest bidder…And what news of the 900lb ex VP…someone says he is buying an ROV..? But who’s going to repair it when it breaks…? Ah…swampy….

thruster
    Participant

I hear that Soapy is back in the UK and instead of life on the ocean wave is back with his pikey mate and travelling around the globe in his caravan. 😆 Its great fun at this time of year in the UK…..He will have a hard time pulling it to Texas….

Tommo
    Participant

Don’t know how true it is but i heard the 900lb VP is currently on display in Houston Zoos endangered species section. Roger Roger

K2
    Participant

to confirm the severance will be paid on March 15th. If you were at sea you get 14 x offshore rate, If you were in depot 14 x Onshore rate and if on leave like me…….14 x retention = next to F**k all!

So the guys offshore get double day rate for the last 14 days while guys at home get double retainer?! 😯 Looks like guys at home get double shafted!!

We shall be back sooner than you think, Paul Letich at the helm this time and it will go right !! 🙄

Do you think you’ll have many takers after this? I hear from reliable sources that bidding for jobs was 30-40% more than the going rate, no wonder SOI had subs sat doing nothing while the industry was a blurr of activity around them………

Anyhow, good luck to you all, I know a handfull of the good guys are already offshore having been plucked up by agencies whilst an unfortunate some are still sat waiting….

Tommo
    Participant

K2,

Not sure if you were with us or just been talking to someone that was there.
    I would like to clarify a number of points in response to your last post and to let the guys that were there know what is happening. if you were one of the guys and have been receiving a number of emails regarding the current pay situation, you will be aware of who i am and what i am trying to do for everyone affected. if you are not one of the guys then please do not judge people based on others mistakes.
    First point: Severance.
    All domestic employees were given the promised sevrance at the promissed rates two weeks ago. All other personnel have been royally shafted and the interim management will not even make contact to try to resolve what has become a very sad and sorry end to something that could have been a very good operation. As you said, you know a handful of the good guys, guys that i would like to count as personal friends and i am trying to assist with severance.
    Point two:Paul Letich at the Helm: this is a guy that went beyond what is required to look after his guys, to try and save a sinking ship. Unless you have work with, or under him, i suggest you hold back on your comments.
    Point three: 30-40% over going rate….. well it did not come from the depot office where we all worked bloody hard to produce results. I will not say anymore except that on numerous occassions the bid price was " manipulated" after we had done our bit.
    The new venture will kick off soon and the core of exceptional people that i had the privilage to work with, will be back together.
    Not sure who you are, but i wish you all the best. If you want to contact me direct, please do.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar