Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Taking The Piss !

Taking The Piss !

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Taking The Piss !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    subman
    Participant

I have just seen this ! Have rates dropped that far if so I think its time to go and work in KFC or Tescos .

Work Class and SMD (Electronics) – Singapore and Worldwide x 6

Please advise interest in ROV Ops (either 8:8 or 4:4) for a confidential assignment in Singapore and elsewhere.

Rates are at 400 Dollars US/day max

5-10 yrs experience with Work Class ROVs, Electronics and SMD exposure a must!!

cvs to *********@spencer-ogden.com

Cheers

Subman

Bill Bulloch
    Participant

I seriously asked them if it was a typo!
    Surely, it must be. Or do they think that we are all so desperate.
    I had an offer a few weeks ago. Agreed the rate, 2-days later rate cut, 1-day later informed of only paying 70% day-rate whilst in transit. 30-mins later -Politely, but firmly, withdrew my services!
    There is work around, hold that line!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I seriously asked them if it was a typo!
    Surely, it must be. Or do they think that we are all so desperate.
    I had an offer a few weeks ago. Agreed the rate, 2-days later rate cut, 1-day later informed of only paying 70% day-rate whilst in transit. 30-mins later -Politely, but firmly, withdrew my services!
    There is work around, hold that line!

GOOD!!! Stand your ground sir!!! Need more like yourself!

subman
    Participant

Been looking on the web to check out the rates $400 a day works out to $16.66 = £ 11.21 per hour .

Been checking what Tecos pay and there paying £8.00 per hour and time and half past 10 pm and your home every night with good food and beer .

Cheers

Subman

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

Hmmm,
    A couple of weeks I was offered £420 pd, Supv Agcy (If accepted), but knocked it back cos it was only 7 weeks and as I am staff it would have meant a sizable cut in both cash & benefits. (I have been toying with returning to the agency world again, but I think I may hang fire a wee bit longer…).

But $400 usd, for an ET Supv, Your having a laugh there!

One thing’s for sure though, the post WILL be filled.

Anonymous

Thanks for many Indians-Philippins-Egyptians-Chisese etc who just enter in the marked by decreasing the dayrate each other for steal the job at the men in charge. And this is gold for company,
    at least for my short experience i have seen this (middle east).
    All pilots and supervisors should build something like a trade union and make the company hire guys from this union who have the dayrate equal to everybody: Ie. expert pilot 370£ – junior supervisor 430£ etc.. west africa market +40%, norway +30% etc…
    But thre should be some law that make the people out from this union, non able to work, or out of insurance….
    This all for keep high pay our group.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Thanks for many Indians-Philippins-Egyptians-Chisese etc who just enter in the marked by decreasing the dayrate each other for steal the job at the men in charge. And this is gold for company,
    at least for my short experience i have seen this (middle east).
    All pilots and supervisors should build something like a trade union and make the company hire guys from this union who have the dayrate equal to everybody: Ie. expert pilot 370£ – junior supervisor 430£ etc.. west africa market +40%, norway +30% etc…
    But thre should be some law that make the people out from this union, non able to work, or out of insurance….
    This all for keep high pay our group.

DUDE! The rates you just posted in the above (and often repeated) reply are WAY TOO LOW. In this very section, click on the link posted by the illustrious webmistress Gina and look at the chart. Look at the highest rates on the chart and START your lowest bids using those amounts.

The amounts you posted are in fact lower than the numbers on the chart – agreed?

Adriaan Grobler
    Participant

Hi guys.
    I have some more info about this. It is for salvage work, etc. That’s why the rate is lower.

Anonymous

Oh yes SCOTBEVE,
    you are right, i put just an example.

I think after this long crisis adventure, company will think lot better before hire personnel again, and use agency as much as possible.
    Unfortunately european agency are not able to join and make an accord (like us).
    We well know, the massive tech and best pilots/supv etc come from europe, most in uk,
    so would be not difficult fix the minimum amount for every single role (senior pilot-junior pilot, senior superv…..), an high dayrate, and provide personnel to company only at this amount.
    We are a lot in europe and with good proff, so would be difficult for them go around the world and find out same other people.
    And for sure in this trade union many other people from the world will join, for have high dayrate.
    People who remain out obviusly will be the non proff, the rov crash guys, the difference. And we should not want them in our team, because unsafe, dangerous, usless.
    This can be better?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Capo,

There’s also an aspect of time in service to be taken under consideration… Eg: supv. w/ 5-10 years of experience @$xxx per day, supv. with 10 – 15 years of exp. @$xxx per day, and so on down the line. Like a table of rates.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Hi guys.
    I have some more info about this. It is for salvage work, etc. That’s why the rate is lower.

Why should that matter? if you are carrying out th same job (operate and maintain an ROV) then the pay rate shoudl be the same.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi guys.

Why should that matter? if you are carrying out th same job (operate and maintain an ROV) then the pay rate shoudl be the same.

Agrob,

Did a salvage job once where the bonus was equal to a year salary… Lower pay???

Ray,

Back to my ditty there about the years in service … Should be that way…. A 10 year supv. can not have as much experience as a 30 year supv. / supt.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ray,

Back to my ditty there about the years in service … Should be that way…. A 10 year supv. can not have as much experience as a 30 year supv. / supt.

It depends what they did in those extra 20 years! Attending a job is not necessarily the same as gaining experience.

e.g. 5 years of work class contruction jobs versus 5 years of work class drill support.

There are too many variations in vehicles and jobs to just make it a length of service in job.

dandydon
    Participant

Ray,

It depends what they did in those extra 20 years! Attending a job is not necessarily the same as gaining experience.

e.g. 5 years of work class contruction jobs versus 5 years of work class drill support.

There are too many variations in vehicles and jobs to just make it a length of service in job.

here here!!

Hmm, a ken fit ye mean wi the auld 30 years experience…

Or is it just 1 years experience repeated 30 times

(a yince heard this fae a wee guy at Subsea Offshore who was a brilliant PT & at the time his Supv was one o the above numpties & new it a’ .. or so he thought…never a truer word spoken in the cases o many ken)

Or flipside:

30 Years experience possibly stemming fae the auld British RN “Cutlet” operations in the 50’s, a’ the wiy thru to the 225 era an the cutting edge (at the time) –Scorpio “modern” day Workclass as we ken it then.
    Wi foo blawn construction and mixed batch ops ..Now there’s experience..I should ken ..that’s why a get the £££££££’s 🙂

Sayin a’ that though, am under nae illusions that someone will do same job for less than me, possibly better ????? but that’s nae happened yit and the companies I’ve worked fir, good and bad, have found that oot tae.

So, I a roon aboot sort a way, for all the wannabe’s,

be as good as you kin be and get the best rate you can,

but,

remember there’s a’wiys someboady behind waiting to step in, and the idea o Unions is great, but it’ll simply never happen noo.

Best advice a kin gie yi

NUMERO UNO ALL THE WAY ha ha ha ha 😆

da dandy xx

Joel
    Participant

Beg Pardon?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar