Home Forums General General Board This is how desperate were getting

This is how desperate were getting

Home Forums General General Board This is how desperate were getting

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

It was OR

DJansen
    Participant

All the companies with contracts in West Africa are desperate for crews..

There are more vessels there now than ever before and many huge fields being developed.. Unfortunately for the companies there is a sh*t load of work available in other regions . Of course the other regions are either safer, closer to home or offer much better conditions.. The rates have also caught up so whereas is might have once been worth going to the W Africa just for the dayrate.. It isn’t now.. Asia, Australia and South America all have plenty of work and the ‘natives’ are alot more friendly.
    Can’t count how many offers I’ve had from Agencies in the last couple of Months.. They are trying hard to find bodies… especialy experienced ones… BUT until the DAYRATES IMPROVE I don’t see many guys rushing down there.. Better accomodation, decent food and smoother crewchanges would help too… Heard some right horror stories about Acergy and Saipem vessels too 🙁

I’d check out the vessel and travel advisories very carefully before accepting work down there if you haven’t been before.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar