Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training TRAINEE ROV PILOT/TECH

TRAINEE ROV PILOT/TECH

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training TRAINEE ROV PILOT/TECH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    anton
    Participant

In case any of you did not see the public message earlier on, there is a company that offers 30 hours on sub atlantic’s mohican or mohawk for only 4000 pounds and i have just heard that they only take five people at a time.

I am definitely going to put my name down. the only thing is that you would have to had completed the course at one of the training schools as they do not teach as the schools do, but only offer flying hours.
    As i understand it, we would be doing a lot of the flying out in the open ocean.
    I think for 4000 pounds, it is a bargain, as you would pay up to 500 pounds for 3 hours on a simulator.

[Edited by admin from UPPER CASE to lower case]

Ray Shields
    Participant

Firstly, there is no need to SHOUT by using capitals. Normal typing with paragraphs makes much easier reading.

Secondly, where do you get your simulator prices from? And £4000 for 30 hours of flying? And what are you going to do with it once you have it? Please dont think that this will then allow you to walk into a job. You would have spent £5000 on the training course, £4000 on the flying time, so you would be £9000 out of pocket and still no job!

My recommendation would be not to waste your money, the only people gaining would be the company getting £20,000 for letting 5 of you do a bit of playing about with an Eyeball! Thats better rates than putting it out on a Drill Support job 😀

Brendan
    Participant

This has clearly been posted in the wrong forum, the "having a laugh" forum would be more suitable, I think!! 😛

subman
    Participant

I would also like to know when you have spent all this money and you have got this cert what are you going to do with it ?

Because there is very little work on offer at the moment as all the rest of the guys on here keep telling the would be rov guys .

There are guys sitting on the beach with 10 – 15 years experience so your chance of getting a job are Zero !

I am starting to think no body reads whats on the forum .

Come back in maybe 3-5 years time but at the moment your wasting your time and money on a rov course .

Cheers and good luck

Subman

Robert Black
    Participant

Thats over a grand a day! Tell the truth now, how many of you started wondering where you could lay your hands on an old eyeball and a work boat when you read this thread?

Elvis
    Participant

What will you spend the 30 hours doing with the ROV other than flying? 1 hour of operational experience on an actual job would be worth 30 hours milling around.

Factor in the learning curve from the experienced crew you are with and diagnosing/repairing it when it goes wrong that you also get from a job makes this idea of 30 hours a joke.

Save your money and use it to keep yourself in socks and pants until you get a start with a company who recognises your specific trade (electrical, hydraulic or mechanical).

It’s not like 30+ hours is going to make the HR department think "wow, this is the guy we need".

What will make them think you are worth a shot is an engineering background, proven ability to work in a team and flexibility.

Be patient and something might come along. But, also have a "Plan B" ready just in case this opportunity you are looking for in the ROV industry never appears.

DON’T WASTE YOUR CASH BUYING FLYING HOURS!

Good Luck

anton
    Participant

OBVIOUSLY NON OF YOU READ WHAT I WROTE THERE, I DIDNT SAY THAT IT WAS A COURSE AND ALSO THIS COMPANY IS NOT USING A EYEBALL THEY ARE USING MOHICAN AND MOHOWK ROV’S WHICH COSTS ALOT OF MONEY. I STILL THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA AS I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT HAS PAID ALOT OF MONEY FOR A COURSE AND WOULD LIKE TO FURTHER MY SKILLS. GOODLUCK TO ALL THOSE POSSITIVE PEOPLE OUT THERE.

Robert Black
    Participant

Just leave it lads, lambs were meant to be slaughtered. 🙄

Mike Kidd
    Participant

Ocean

PM me, you can have the last 4 days of my current trip for £4000, you get more than 30 hours flying and it will be proper work with a workclass, get to meet other ROV guys, join in the banter. It will be a gas………

Ray Shields
    Participant

Err, Ocean, Mohicans and Mohawks ARE Eyeballs. If you don’t even know what a Workclass and Eyeball is you really need to go on a training course. Oh hang on, you have!

Your money your choice. Good luck.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ocean

PM me, you can have the last 4 days of my current trip for £4000, you get more than 30 hours flying and it will be proper work with a workclass, get to meet other ROV guys, join in the banter. It will be a gas………

Thats a terrible deal, its worth at least £6000 for those 4 days, why are you giving it to him so cheap?

anton
    Participant

PT Mohican http://www.strgroup.co.uk/search/details.asp?id=24116
    ROV Supervisor and ROV Pilots required for trip offshore in West Africa. You will be experienced with this ROV, please call Clive at STR 02392 322 322 or email chutchings@strgroup.co.uk
    Job Reference: HQ00034319 Start:

What do you have to say know………..?

anton
    Participant

My client is seeking an Senior level ROV Pilot/Technician for work in offshore Azerbaijan.

This role will require you to have experience of the Seaeye Falcon ROV, across numerous projects.
    For more information, please call Andy at STR Group on 02392 322 390 or email your CV to afalconer@strgroup.co.uk
    Job Reference: HQ00034173 Start:

And again these jobs i just recieved and i think that i would have stood a better chance if i had more experiance. Anyway thanks for your advice but we will talk again.

subman
    Participant

Ok spend all your money on a course and when you reply to Andy at STR he will just thank you for your new cert and your name will be filed with the other 5000 rov guys all after the same job .

Please do the course and we can all tell you we told you so !

Cheers

Subman

Ray Shields
    Participant

PT Mohican http://www.strgroup.co.uk/search/details.asp?id=24116
    ROV Supervisor and ROV Pilots required for trip offshore in West Africa. You will be experienced with this ROV, please call Clive at STR 02392 322 322 or email chutchings@strgroup.co.uk
    Job Reference: HQ00034319 Start:

What do you have to say know………..?

I have to say that the Agency is looking for experienced pilots and supervisors, were you offered the job? Having a piece of paper from a training school and even with 30 hours of flying, does not make you experienced.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar