Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training TRAINEE ROV PILOT/TECH

TRAINEE ROV PILOT/TECH

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training TRAINEE ROV PILOT/TECH

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Ocean,

Mohicans and Mohawks (correct sp.) ARE eyeball class albeit good ones…

Sit Rep
    Participant

Ocean,

Perhaps I could interest you in a Harbour Bridge?

Gen Y eh?

Tut, tut, tut 🙄

Elvis
    Participant

Ocean

I, for one was just trying to give you some helpful advice. Instead of hoisting this and other good advice inboard you have done the opposite.

Yes, I can see that you have cut and pasted "eyeball experience" job links on the forum. This does not necesarily mean that there are any positions available. It could (sinister I know) be an attempt by an agency to pad out their CV file. So don’t take job links too seriously.

Also, I didn’t see any references within those links to "trainee". Now, I know that your certificate from the training school indicates that you are a bona fide Pilot Tech, but trust me… you are not.

So, pay your money for the 30 hours, amble on in the vague direction your "I know everything" attitude and see what happens.

One of my suggestions was to illustrate your ability to integrate into a team to the agencies and HR departments. I think you ought to work on this area. I’m not even on a ship with you and you are pi**ing me off already.

Still, what to I know… oh and by the way,

"Class 2 Vehicle – Observation class (eyeball to you and me) with payload option"

Adriaan Grobler
    Participant

"What do you have to say know………..?"
    I think, I now the answer

Mark McGirr
    Participant

Go away Ocean.
    You’re only winding people up, and this is not good for the guys who are reading this from offshore.

Jason South
    Participant

What an interesting banter this has been………

Ocean these guys have been in the industry for a while and speak the truth mate.

Hey but whilst we are in the mood about getting flying hours up…………………………….

Whats up with the supervisors who wont give any flying hours to trainees or tech IIs? Even on the boring old pipe or line surveys? I spent ages patiently waiting, not pressuring, sitting in the rear of the control van to get naff all. Only to find that its a piece of cake.

Now, to all you uptight and "figjam" supervisors out there not helping the new guys learn, how about you pull your fingers out and stop acting like you are gods gift. Flying hours are what usually get looked at first by prospective hiring companies. You, (and you know who you are) by not giving your trainees flying time, are directly comprimising their future earnings.

For gods sake, there is one guy here so desperate to learn, he is willing to pay quid???

To all those supervisors who dont give a damm about their boys……… I hope you are also sitting on the beach.

anton
    Participant

Thanks for that i think that you are exactly right in what you are saying , that is the point i was trying to make.

bt
    Participant

It’s amazing how many trainee’s and want to be trainee’s come on this site and moan about one thing or another.

In the present climate i’d thought you’d be grateful to have employment, if your not getting any time on the sticks maybe you should ask the supervisor why? or have a look in the mirror and ask yourself why.

Training trainee’s is not the supervisors top priority getting the job done correctly is.

and if you’ve got money to burn, go for it.

me
    Participant

Gents
    Let me tell it from the chair in front of you, i have had people sitting in a corner saing fcuk all for weeks, i was just thinking that guy dont even ask if he can get hours, well maybe he dont give a shite, see thats the other way around, 😕 you can have my hours i am bored 😆

What an interesting banter this has been………

Ocean these guys have been in the industry for a while and speak the truth mate.

Hey but whilst we are in the mood about getting flying hours up…………………………….

Whats up with the supervisors who wont give any flying hours to trainees or tech IIs? Even on the boring old pipe or line surveys? I spent ages patiently waiting, not pressuring, sitting in the rear of the control van to get naff all. Only to find that its a piece of cake.

Now, to all you uptight and "figjam" supervisors out there not helping the new guys learn, how about you pull your fingers out and stop acting like you are gods gift. Flying hours are what usually get looked at first by prospective hiring companies. You, (and you know who you are) by not giving your trainees flying time, are directly comprimising their future earnings.

For gods sake, there is one guy here so desperate to learn, he is willing to pay quid???

To all those supervisors who dont give a damm about their boys……… I hope you are also sitting on the beach.

Anthony
    Participant

😀

Im going to start printing off I am a ROV PT certificates PT 1,2,3 566 who knows what ever makes people happy 😛

i’ll never have to see a E pod again , Im gonna be rich 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar