Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Agency day rates.

Agency day rates.

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Agency day rates.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    SMURF
    Participant

My answer to low day rates is: Change the agency, go with someone else!!
    I have worked as employee for 6yrs and as contractor for past 12yrs.
    If you don’t like what you are getting and you think you are worth more, go with other agencies!!
    If we all are who were say we are, super ROV tech’s and supervisors, try to get the best pay you can by using proper agencies and not shit agencies!! That way, nobody will be working for shit agencies and they will go out of business. Don’t short change yourselves by accepting shit day rates. You are hurting yourself and other fellow ROV contractors as well.
    FYI, I am getting paid 400~425GBP as a sub engineer.

Good Luck to All!! 8)

Anonymous

Hi
    On my last job SE was around 500GP.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Which goes to prove that there is no standard by which to go on. Companies/Agencies love it!

Gordon Prest
    Participant

Guys,

I agree with most of what you are saying but in defense of the agents, of which i am now one after 20yrs + offshore………we work on a percentage markup basis, SO, the more money we can get for YOU from the cleint the more we make ! Admittedly there are a lot of agents who (a) have never stepped foot outside their cosy office and tasted the world we live in offshore and (b) take a greater percentage markup than is reasonable and morraly correct. I am not trying to blow our own trumpet here or try a cheap advertising campaign, but you should ask the agents you work through how much they take….10% is normal, some, who i wont mention here take 30% !!!!! Thats just WRONG and is frankly sticking it up the guys who are earning the money for them !!
    The most preciouse asset of any agent is his people…treat them well and pay them fairly and you will stay busy.
    Rant over…cheers guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar