Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Canyon Pilot Tech Rate 345 GBP Agency

Canyon Pilot Tech Rate 345 GBP Agency

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Canyon Pilot Tech Rate 345 GBP Agency

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Those small ripples on the lake will turn out to be Tsunamis on the long run…. In other words – as a lot of us have been saying / preaching for yonks – watching out for yourself alone will only hurt you in the long term resulting in the logical approach for the bean counters to start cutting back MORE on their staffers. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure this one out guys / gals…

Chris Reid
    Participant

Mermaid in thialnd are paying 850USD for Superviser 100% true

😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Mermaid in thialnd are paying 850USD for Superviser 100% true

😀

Probably not true now…. read the financial Q reports.

Harry
    Participant

Beve you back with MOS ? Heard you did a stint in Russia with them. You would know what their rates were then? MOS was paying certain people more than others.

rovnumpty
    Participant

So, if agency rates are going through the floor staffers might need to appear a little less smug about it, as the knock on effect of this mess might actually be them being sent down the road and coming back as an agency bod!

Agree with you 100% James, at least on the staff becoming agency part.

Smug? You lost me on that one though. I was suggesting that anyone wanting higher rates may want to look at going staff. There’s certainly few financial reasons for going the other way (unless you want to step up a grade or four).

Bit of a grey area, the whole staff/agency thing these days anyway. Most of the big companies run their ‘staff’ through what are essentialy agencies in singapore.

I’m sure the HR managers of the ROV companies are watching the agency rates very closely, while rubbing their hands with glee. Their bonuses must leap every time a new agency suddenly appears and starts offering personnel at a lower rate.

Not sure the ops managers will be quite as happy. Their bonuses must be going down the tubes as job after job goes pete tong due to all the nice cheap agency staff. At least they can afford to throw more bodies at jobs now. Scattergun effect. Maybe one of them will hit the spot.

DJansen
    Participant

Beve you back with MOS ? Heard you did a stint in Russia with them. You would know what their rates were then? MOS was paying certain people more than others.

Suprise, suprise 🙄 Funnier still the grumpy old hands were getting more to be techs than the newbies were to be sups… ahahahahahaah 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Suprise, suprise 🙄 Funnier still the grumpy old hands were getting more to be techs than the newbies were to be sups… ahahahahahaah 😆

And a helluva lot less paperwork to boot!

lee woollerton
    Participant

For me i dont know where the 345 GBP come from as i have only 2 weeks at slighty less than that in the last 4 years. (OI)

Might as well go and get a Riggers Ticket get issued with radio and become Deck Foreman and surely get paid more for less work.

Lmao!! Just as easy as that is it to become deck foreman?? It’s that easy if you want to hurt people and stumble around the deck not knowing what your doing,A good foreman makes your life easy!!

senior
    Participant

Hello valhalla14 and welcome to ROV world,

Dont get me wrong, but I fail to understand the grammar and point of your post, I do believe that the aforementioned communications were regarding the rate of pay for a ROV pilot technician.
    Your post seems to be referring that a deck foremans jobs can be hazardous, this may be true (tying a monkeys fist may induce a headache), but I feel that the previous post may be referring to the technical aspects of ROVing in comparison to the technical aspects of being a deck person.

In conclusion, WE should be paid more, due to the fact that ROVing is more technical than Decking…..and ofcourse we do work with 3.3kv most days (not glow sticks).

RSVP

All for one and one for all.

Senior :mrgreen:

luckyjim37
    Participant

Valhalla14 was refering back to early on in the thread where someone suggested becoming the deck foreman for a payrise.

He is right it is not a simple as that. Maybe if the rates are falling within the ROV industry it is time to get out. You can only say no to work for so long before you have to make the decision work for what you can get or look elswhere for what you want.

I agree you should not be willing to work for peanuts. There is however a surplus of pilot/techs so rates will fall as they are all desperate to get out o work being quite willing to drop rates. Unfortunately this is a problem throughout all unregulated industries especially with the world in such a bad recession.

Unfortunately at the moment maybe 225 is right keep working and things will improve in the summer when the workload exceeds the staff available. I would add join IROVA as well unite the workforce with a sensible approach to improving pay and conditions.

Mike Hamilton
    Participant

Hi James/Gina,
    where do I post rates as I see your spread sheet is a little out of date for SEA . Great threads and note that CALDIVE dropped their rates for divesr and techs in SEA last year !!!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

I think you can email the rates to rates@rovworld.com or PM them to Gina.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I think you can email the rates to rates@rovworld.com or PM them to Gina.

Ray is correct. Plus, the rates are updated in batches. Of late they have barely trickled in. Send them in now and an update will likely happen not too long after.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar