Home Forums General General Board Do any ROV companies really care about ‘their’ teams ?

Do any ROV companies really care about ‘their’ teams ?

Home Forums General General Board Do any ROV companies really care about ‘their’ teams ?

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Cowboy
    Participant

Because as I said … the reports have gone back to the office prasing the work I’ve done.

That might be what you meant to say, but what you actually said was:

the supervisor has been passing it all off as his own doing and taking the credit

🙄

It can be read as any way you want, (hint . . . the great english language invented paragraphs for a reason)

No Savante I’ve not had an appraisal at all and so shall be requesting one very soon, as well as waving their own competancy scam under their noses.
    The bonus is several supervisors (including aforementioned) I’ve spoken to are in full agreement with me and have offered to back me up. They’re decent guys so with any luck I’ll be sorted soon enough

3_of_Diamonds has hit the nail right on the head with what he’s said. I just want to be paid the wage for the job I am doing and the responsibilities I’m undertaking.
    I may be wrong but the way I see it, at the end of the day the company isn’t gonna suffer, only the guys doing the job because people get hacked off, leave for another job and the experience becomes diluted on the sytems with the Supervisor losing an experienced hand and gaining another trainee.

Anonymous

HI

I know one company there care about ME, (i wonder if i get a pay rise now) 😆 😆 😆

Ewan McKen
    Participant

(hint . . . the great english language invented paragraphs for a reason)

And when the next paragraph opens with ‘I’ve knocked my back in on these types of jobs’ there is no link to the previous paragraph?

Thanks for the Lesson . . .

Cowboy
    Participant

Certainly there is, including the 2nd paragraph which said

consider myself (by other peoples opinions) to be a good hand and certainly a good mechanic.

These opinions of other people include the office.

I had a wee look on Wikipedia just for your benefit to check the use of paragraph structuring . . . . type in "Paragraph" I’m sure you’ll be interested as to what it says

We can all spend the day picking holes in writing structure if we so wish but most of us prefer to discuss the actual relevant topic, which at this point appears to have dried up after I hi-jacked it slightly with my own personal rant. My apologies people
    ‘Nuff said fae me I think, carry on!

Ewan McKen
    Participant

These opinions of other people include the office.

Yes, we know that now.

But it is not what you said at the time.

I am sure you have an important point when you say your Wiki studies are of benefit to me, but I do not understand what it is.

Perhaps when you learn English, you can explain it.

pea_doff
    Participant

……"We were eventually greeted at Doha airport at 0730" ……

….. "not having slept for over forty-eight hours" ……

This thread has been edited by admin. The members posted the same content in two ‘places on the Forum.

Double posting is not allowed here.

Therefore the discussion on this this post can bee seen in full and discussed at:

http://www.rovworld.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1988#13906

me
    Participant

Guys
    I wonder what the dear Fugro people here, and the sand Dancer will say about this

Ray Shields
    Participant

Stick to one thread pead off. Dont go posting the same message in different threads.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Stick to one thread pead off. Dont go posting the same message in different threads.

Agreed. Double posting is a no go. I will edit the post to switch the discussion on it’s content to the other (double) post.

best regards
    James Mc

tinchicken
    Participant

The issue is or was ‘do companies care’, nothing to do with time spent as trainee, pay or age.

Although there is the odd one that does, most don’t.

If managers really cared they would crew the systems safely. Two supervisors and four trainees with no offshore experience isn’t safe, so when they do this they don’t care. It is not fair on the experienced guys and it is not fair on the trainees either. (An extreem example I know but one I have seen)

If they really cared they would end reliefs out on time and not make false excuses when they don’t.

If they really cared they would think about what route they are flying you and what you will be expected to do when you get there.

Sending inexperienced guys out in senior roles with the ‘more money’ carrot, is it safe? No so they don’t care (no matter how good they are at their trade, they need opoerational experience)

There is a certain company in the Middle East that is particularly bad at all of the above, so beware!

liddelljohn
    Participant

Tin Chicken.. can u name and shame or give us a hint …i hate working for companies like that

tinchicken
    Participant

pea_doff has been there (or still is).

NB
    Be careful about carrying out any base work in UAE as you need to have a work visa for this. Getting caught working ashore with only a visitors visa could land you in a spot of bother.

Care?…………….. Of course they do!

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar