Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations IROVA Logo and badge design – need some ideas

IROVA Logo and badge design – need some ideas

Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations IROVA Logo and badge design – need some ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Just been contacted by an interested party in the USA. They are also looking to come up with a logo. Good response so far. We will keep you updated on progress.

thomas
    Participant

Gents ,Thankyou for your work on the logo/badge project.

I can see its coming together nicely.We still have a bit of time before the final draft is needed so please keep up the good work and give us a logo to reflect who we are and who we represent.

Lemmin
    Participant

Suggestion #2

My take on the logo idea:

A "pop-art" ROV with the word IROVA.

I can’t come up with new ideas, but I can operate graphics packages, so I just borrowed some of the ideas that have been floating around.

I didn’t put the letters "ROV" on the side of the ROV because it looked a bit complicated/cluttered – I felt it better to have the ROV seperate.

I haven’t tried including a globe anywhere yet, although I think thats a good idea if it can be done sensibly.

I didn’t use the blue background idea (although I think it would be good to convey the submarine nature) because if this is going to go on letterheads etc it needs a white background.

If people think I’m on the right track, I’ll keep playing with this – any suggestions and criticism is welcome, especially on the font, layout etc. I’m a terrible typographer!

Alternatively, if anyone wants to have a play themselves, I can send high-res photoshop files – the ROV is a series of layers, so the manips etc are "posable" to a certain degree. PM me if you want a copy.

LEM

irova_logo_first_draft_189.jpg
     Description: IROVA logo – first attempt
    irova_logo_first_draft_189.jpg

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Great input Lem :tup:

TEAMJBR
    Participant

You could incorperate the Globe in the ‘O’ of IROVA

T-Boy
    Participant

Nice job Lem, definately on the right track.
    Try a ‘Calibri’ style font, it’s a little more modern and the ‘O’ will be circular, perfect for the globe as JBR suggested.

Light blue background with a black box border may be pretty cool. How about using a blue ‘wave’ similar to the SUB in Subserv or the background to the RUMIC logo for example as a background with white or Orange font?

I have some more ideas but would need the current picture you have in an editable form that I could manipulte in say something as basic as Word. Is that possible?

Paul
    Participant

Suggestion #3

Here’s my small contribution. Use it however you wish. I’ve posted this as a .PNG file with transparent background so you should be able to open it in Photoshop and add whatever forground / background you want.

irova_972.png
    irova_972.png

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Can I suggest downsizing the globe and containing it within the letter ‘O’ in black.

Paul
    Participant

Suggestion #4

Because I posted this as a .PNG with transparent background the forum’s blue background shows through and it looks kinda funky when you look at it here. But if you replace the background with something lighter in color, like white, it looks pretty good I think. The "O" for the font I used isn’t perfectly round so super imposing the globe on top also looked kinda funky. You’re welcome to edit this as you wish. Took only a couple seconds to do so you won’t hurt my feelings if you change it. 😉

example_776.jpg
    example_776.jpg

thomas
    Participant

Guys,
    These efforts look great.Sorry I havent been posting for a few days as I have been busy in the background.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

You could incorperate the Globe in the ‘O’ of IROVA

Oops.. just saw that post… I added a similar comment a few posts later! 😳

Sit Rep
    Participant

Suggestion #5

The design looks good but a small beef… it’s focussed on the North Atlantic and therefore could be perceived as slightly exclusive especially for us Antipodean types..

One of the reasons I suggested the elliptical style projection for the world/international aspect is that all countries are shown..

I have attached a jpg taken from Wikipedia showing the Mollweide projection globe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mollweide_projection), I’m not aware of any copyright restrictions but caveat emptor.

Keep up the good work!

450px_mollweide_projection_114.jpg
    450px_mollweide_projection_114.jpg

thomas
    Participant

Gents,
    Thankyou for the great input so far.

It is getting to the stage where we will soon need the logo for use in our up and coming web site and our registration as a non profit making orginisation.

Could someone maybe get everything combined together then we can show it on here for opinions and or alteration following which we will adopt it.

I look forward to our control of our industry.

Lemmin
    Participant

Suggestion #6

Sorry I’ve been quiet. Hopefully I’ll have a bit of time over the next week to provide input.

Heres an updated version of the previous logo – I’ve included a mollweide projection globe, showing just the sea shading from light blue to dark (to hopefully give an impression of depth).

I rather like the globe/projection effect, it sort of feels a bit like the UN logo and the ellipse shape makes a nice background.

I’ve change the font on this one to calibri (just to see what it looked like) but I don’t feel it looks "professional" enough, its a bit too rounded and cuddly! The font has a slight outer glow to try and make it show up against the globe background, since that will be a problem if the logo is reduced for letterheads or other small print.

I’ll keep playing with combos and post them on here.

irova_logo_calibri_font_and_mollweide_projection_small_205.jpg
    irova_logo_calibri_font_and_mollweide_projection_small_205.jpg

Lemmin
    Participant

Suggestion #7

Another variation – DejaVu Sans font with a fairly broad white outline to make it stand out.

irova_logo_deja_vu_sans_font_mollweide_globe_971.jpg
    irova_logo_deja_vu_sans_font_mollweide_globe_971.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar