Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations IROVA Logo and badge design – need some ideas

IROVA Logo and badge design – need some ideas

Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations IROVA Logo and badge design – need some ideas

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    R2D2
    Participant

Who was that masked man?

Bravo

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I’ve been asked by the IROVA co-ordinator to try and get a little more input on this thread as they are getting close to waiting to finalise a logo for the new IROVA website at http://www.IROVA.org

Further comments on existing images or additional new images would be most welcome.

We’ll have to close this thread in a couple of days and pass the information on to the IROVA webmaster.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Suggestion #20 & #21

This is a modification of Lemmins’ Suggestion #13 & # 14. Please download attachment.

irova_logo_rov_ontopof_world_over_letters_bluefont_small_2_170.jpg
     Description: Modified from Suggestion #14
    irova_logo_rov_ontopof_world_over_letters_bluefont_small_2_170.jpg

irova_logo_rov_on_top_of_world2_small_403_157.jpg
     Description: Modified from Suggestion #13
    irova_logo_rov_on_top_of_world2_small_403_157.jpg

James McLauchlan
    Participant

For a webesite logo

I’d be happy to see #21 adopted. Globe in the background, Black IROVA lettering and Black ‘International Remotely Operated Vehicle Association’ Lettering underneath.

It would work for the website and any letterhead/printed sticker type applications.

For a stitched (Cloth) logo’s the small lettering may need to be dropped but that’s no biggie.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

A bit of re-sizing would do for this… Anybody else have an opinion or different idea?

thomas
    Participant

would it be possible to wrap irova around the world or the sub to make it more compact?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Re: Suggestion #21, yes I agree… Lemmin you think the Mollweide globe projection could be reduced in size, the blue font (w/out shadow) can be wrapped on the upper part of the globe, with the BOLD / LARGER FONT IROVA being below the globe. Sorry, I don’t have time right at this moment to do so.

Lemmin
    Participant

Scot: yes, I’ll give it a go. I’ve got my own ideas about a logo specifically for the website, so I’ll fire up photoshop probably tomorrow and try out some of the suggestions.

LEM

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t have photoshop….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Scot: yes, I’ll give it a go. I’ve got my own ideas about a logo specifically for the website, so I’ll fire up photoshop probably tomorrow and try out some of the suggestions.

LEM

Nice one Lem

Thanks for giving something back to the community :tup:

Lemmin
    Participant

Scot, IROVA: something like this? It’s a bit messy, and I’m not sure I quite understood what you had in mind, but let me know if I’m on the right track…

irova_logo_oval_text_wrap_1_small_233.jpg
    irova_logo_oval_text_wrap_1_small_233.jpg

Lemmin
    Participant

Ok, here are my latest thoughts on a logo, now I’ve considered it from a website point of view.

The line can be continued right across the web page, letterhead, business card etc, or it could be fade to nothing on either side of the main logo (suitable for printing on fabric).

irova_logo_line1_small_306.jpg
    irova_logo_line1_small_306.jpg

Lemmin
    Participant

Now with bluer blues, bolder lines and some shadows to give things more depth.

irova_logo_line3_small_199.jpg
    irova_logo_line3_small_199.jpg

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Lemmin,

That’s it dude! Suggestion 24 (bold lettering with the shadows)! The right side could be cut off a bit or cropped though. I like it / works for me!

Anybody else with an opinion of this logo? IAC and oldish members?

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar