Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Ocean King Dubai warning !

Ocean King Dubai warning !

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Ocean King Dubai warning !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    subman
    Participant

Hi Scot Well there only 75 watts each on the Falcon !

Maybe we should rename the company to "Ocean One Bulb "

Cheers

Subman

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi Scot Well there only 75 watts each on the Falcon !

Maybe we should rename the company to "Ocean One Bulb "

Cheers

Subman

They may take a dim view on our humour….

Maris Subsea
    Participant

Hey Subman it seems to me you’ve just confirmed your identity…aka the contractor in question!
    What I don’t get is that the contractor received every single email from the Client apart from the one that said go to a hotel and we will reimburse you! Find that very strange. And even if the contractor hadn’t received that email who in their right mind waits at an airport for so long and doesn’t call their agency?? Maris Subsea operate a 24/7 oncall service, and I was actually on call that weekend and did not receive one email or call from the contractor to say there was a problem. The first thing I knew about it was a call from the client at 3am on Monday morning saying that the contractor does not want to do the job and wants home, as soon as I got the call the contractor was contacted to try and resolve the situation. Why would Maris Subsea just do nothing? We need you guys as much as you need us!!!!

I see Subman there is no mention that the contractor let us down before he had even left his house to go on the job. That’s right accepted the job, then a few days later said no he had another job and then a day after called back, crawling with his tail between his legs to say that the job fell through and begged to go on the OceanKing job!!

Subman really you have too much time on your hands at the moment sitting at home….there is so much work out there!

subman
    Participant

I will leave it up to the other members of this forum to work out who is telling the truth , But I don’t know any body who will jump on a plane for 6 hours only to return 48 hours later at there own expense without a good reason .

If Ocean King had put the guy in a local hotel Dubai Airport as requested none of this would have happen but its very clear they had no intention of doing that .As for Maris they state they knew nothing even if all the mail was cc to them . The only thing they were interested was the guy missed the morning flight to Kuwait and there for were not going to get paid for him .

I hope this email will of some help for some future freelancer looking for work , There are many rov operators out there some look after you and some treat you like just a number ! Same goes for agencies some look after you and other don’t .

Well I am not going to waste any more time on this subject but I thought it best to bring it to peoples attention ,I only hope when I speak to the guy next he has a much better experience than this .

Good luck

Subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

james mc in response to your comment
    "In my experience even guys that ask for off at short notice are always repatriated by the agency. In over 25 years I’ve not known one agency tell someone to make their own way home from a foreign country. I have known (rare) an agency fly someone back (who walked off a job at no notice) and take their out of pocket costs out of the contractors pay, but not simply disown them."

Of course Maris Subsea would repatriate someone at short notice we would never see a contractor stuck and of course if someone walked off the job we would consider to take it out of their pay or just to fly them home. However in this case the contractor had just arrived at the airport! he hadn’t yet worked a day, he hadn’t yet stepped on the vessel, so where is the money coming from to pay for his flight home. We have no wages to deduct it from, the client has just paid for his flight to Dubai. It was the contractor that arrived at the airport and then decided he wanted home. We gave him the opportunity to get on the vessel the job was still his!! He wanted home not because of an emergency, not because he was on the job and something was wrong, he wanted home just because he had changed his mind.

subman
    Participant

If I was the contractor in question we would not be having this discussion over rov world as I live not far from your office ! I have seen all the mail and texts messages and its very clear you were happy to have the guy sleep at the airport !

Any way like I said before people are now aware of what goes on and this Topic will stay in the system for some time to come .As for work yes there is a fair amount of work available but one should be very careful on what agency you go through .

As for Ocean One Bulb I wish them the best of luck .

Cheers

Subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

You’re obviously too careful Subman that’s why you’re not on a job while all your ROV mates are working! You can’t believe everything you hear, if you did you would never work again!

Anyway thanks for the "high profile topic", we’ve received a few good cv’s of guys looking for work at the moment and emails from guys wanting to go on the Ocean King job……so not all bad.

subman
    Participant

Well I think my point has been made ! Stay well away from Ocean One Bulb as for Maris I will leave it up to the members of Rov world !

Its only a matter of time before the same thing happen again .A few years before the internet companys got away with things like this but not any more .

Cheers for now

Subman

Robert Black
    Participant

Can anybody tell me how to spell Prima Donna? Oh, its okay I’ve got it…. 😆

Maris Subsea
    Participant

Subman already your story is changing first 2 contractors walk off then the conditions are not good now you state "Yes the vessel bed and food are good one of the tecs did not walk off he was moved to one of the other vessels as a replacement." Slight difference don’t you think moving and walking off!! There are gaps in your story what happened to the 05.40 email and the 06.02 email from the contractor that he’ll go to Kuwait but won’t do work once on the vessel?? What I’m away to fly a contractor to Kuwait for him to sit in his cabin?
    "I understand he missed the flight at 07:45" na he never missed his flight we parted companies at 06.12.

Enough time spent on this never mind…..

subman
    Participant

Like I have all ready stated I will let the forum members make up there own minds on who is telling the truth .

As for the emails yes there very interesting but your timing is way out by a few hours .

The flight was at 07:45 so I understand this is why Ocean One Bulb contacted Maris why the guy missed the flight

Its very clear that the best way to sort this out is I pop over to your office and show you the evidence however even then I am sure your say it was all made up .

Its clear when the guy emailed you ,You were not interested in him having to sleep on the floor only that he missed the flight and there for Maris would not get paid .

The whole point of this Topic was to bring to the attention of its members and its doing just that !

So keep the storys coming !

Subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

Subman please feel free to book an appointment to chat with me available anytime for you. Will await your call or email.

subman
    Participant

It will be my pleasure , Then you can explain to the members of this forum " Why The Guy Had to Sleep on the floor ! After requested many times for a driver to take him to the local hotel 11 hours before the flight was due .

Sorry but the Mail and Text messages dont lie .

So I think by now we have the attention of all the members reading this do you really think people are going to believe that a guy jumps on a plane and then within 24 hours flys back without no good reason !

Sorry but it dont add up !

Subman

senior
    Participant

Hi Deepseacon,

Its a fair question, but I fail to see what anyone has to gain, by myself answering your question about the day rate!

I havent and never will sell myself short, i am frugal and apart from that I am as busy as can be.

Glynski, see you soon mate.

Maris, Thanks for your honesty.

Cheers.

deepseacon
    Participant

Hot of the press for a bit of gossip from Longstreath.com now the divers are not happy out there. here is a copy of the topic as some will not be members to see so i have cut and copied as it is.

Leigton Iraq Project 2011 Oranda 1 DO NOT WORK FOR THEM

Hi i would like to post this letter to all the fellow divers out there to just warn you of the situation in Iraq.
    Working under Leightons being hired by SERS as a third party which is some sort of body shop company. Id like to share in short my experience. Do not work for them! Why ? They are a bunch of amateurs starting with SERS as i said they are a body shop company, they have no clue what or how to manage a their crew. They dont know how to pay in time and most ending up not getting paid for up to a month delay. When you do confront them they get all angry and annoyed of us and tell us how the good old days a "good" diver would behave like. For me pay day is pay day i got my family to support so if i dont get paid im not working as easy as that. SERS is treating us divers like trash not caring not responsive. As for leightons I can only give you facts. In the 90 days or so the air jobs and sat jobs been running they manage to bend 1 guy and break one guys leg SERS and Leightons didnt even know how to respond properly to those serious injuries . As for the sat vessel it many close calls which could have end up in fatality or even worse sinking the ship. I will guarantee you that someone will get end up either seriously insured or even worse. The oranda 1 is not a DSV no its a top side vessel transformed into a DSV. The equipment on deck is to absolute bare minimum . No techs on board to that we had an incident where the bell left bottom and lost seal but because the SUPERVISOR was driving the winches facing away from the panel he didnt hear us for 5 min. again no techs on board. No spares of any sort. just enough to keep us diving. The food runs out to bare minimum where we gotta go on bellrun with no eggs or bread beacuse they have run out.
    Again guys on top of that you have to imagine not getting paid on time and being treated like garbage by them. I would advise you not to work for them if your keen to find out go ahead. I know now for a fact that the words gotten out and barely anyone who is smart enough will go there to work for them bunch of cowboys. you can contact me on martin620218@hotmail.com if you have any further questions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘Ocean King Dubai warning !’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar