Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Ocean King Dubai warning !

Ocean King Dubai warning !

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Ocean King Dubai warning !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    senior
    Participant

Hi again,

I read about this accident a few days ago.

http://longstreath.com/community/index.php/topic/3311-leighton-eclipse-diver-accident/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:q9LoX80qN9YJ:longstreath.com/community/index.php/topic/3311-leighton-eclipse-diver-accident/+diver+loses+leg+on+leighton&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I dont think the second hyper-link is working, but you get the just of it.

It shant stop myself going out due to the treatment and actions of diving crew, or on the heresay from a fellow rov chap, I have talked to both the agent and to the super out there, and thery both say its all good.
    I trust the supers judgement, as I have worked out there with him before.

Regards,

deepseacon
    Participant

Leightons and several other contractors have won high value contracts offshore Iraq so while there will be problems i am sure things tighten up and conditions will improve and the ones that dont like it will go else were.
    Good work to the Guy who saved that top side guys life though.

Garrett
    Participant

I have been out with Ocean King through Maris as well. The Ocean King people I was with were excellent. No "your not one of us" crap, and the office always had time to communicate. They are a small company, but any inexperience compared to the large companies is made up for in accessibility and opportunities of working with a fresh company building up to the future. Vessel and accommodations were good, and equipment was better than a lot of other companies I have worked with.
    As for the spares? I have seen much bigger companies with MUCH worse support. Remember, this is a survey company with no in-house ROV people, so an in-house ROV knowledge base does not exist yet. As they grow, so will their ROV experience and knowledge. Until then it is our responsibility when out there to emphasize and teach the importance of a good spares stock. Only then can we condemn them with lack of commitment.
    As for the trip fiasco: Everyone has had bad days going to, coming from and during an assignment. If we do not know the WHOLE story, we cannot speculate and post it here.
    I will work with Maris AND Ocean King again. If anyone chooses not to because of a third party assessment posted here. It just means more work for those of us who have been there and done that.

For Maris and Ocean King: The people that are grounded in this business know to always take everything in, but always see to believe. No slander to anyone, just the key to survival in this industry.

subman
    Participant

I would like to point out this is not heresay as every thing I have stated can be supported by the emails and texts messages from Ocean King and Maris .

What needs to be done is I send all these emails and text messages off to a
    independent person someone we all trust and they confirm what I have stated is true !

At this this point it could get messy I have no wish to cause problems for James and this site .

But it has brought it to the attention of its members , They can make up there own minds .

Cheers

Subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

Subman your are obviously the contractor in question as no mate would just forward emails and sms to another party. If you are not the contractor then please let the contractor know that should he want to discuss this further then he should get in touch by PHONE not EMAIL.

Without passing on all the evidence, the emails Maris/Ocean King have no one can make a proper assessment!

I would suggest that as per my last comment you get in touch so that we can discuss, I’m still waiting for this phone call.

subman
    Participant

As previous stated I dont live that far from your office I think your find your contractor lives I understand in Asia .

I am very happy to see more comments from you because your only digger a larger hole for your self because when its shown that all these Text and Emails are telling the truth you will lose credibility on this site .

The facts are very clear if the guy had been sent to a hotel when he requested one none of this would have happen but all you were worried about was that he missed the flight and you would not get paid !

I have spoken to the contractor and feels he can do very little from Asia this is why he asked me to look into it .
    But after reading the email and text messages " He requested over and over please send the driver to take him to a hotel " This seems to start about 8pm

As for getting the guy to phone you he feels he is all ready out of pocket about £500 so I dont think his going to waste even more money plus I think his going back offshore again .

Cheers

Subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

19.04 oceanking emails contractor with revised flights to Kuwait next day 07.45
    19.07 oceanking – send email to contractor have you received revised flights
    20.16 contractor confirms received flights and asks where driver is
    21.17 oceanking driver has not turned up

THEN SEE EMAIL BELOW TO CONTRACTORPlease note not once did contract cc Maris Subsea in any of emails.

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 21:27:15 +0000
    To: Contractor in question
    ReplyTo: @oceanking
    Subject: Re: ROV Technician arriving on VOA [Email Ref. AE#131313]

Sir please proceed to emirates terminal 3 lounge and check for hotel, we will reimburse the cost to you.

NEED I SAY MORE CONTRACTOR IS INFORMED TO CHECK INTO HOTEL AT NO POINT THAT EVENING DID THE CONTRACTOR CONTACT MARIS SUBSEA. FIRST I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS IS AT 3AM WHEN CLIENT PHONES TO SAY CONTRACTOR REFUSING TO GO ON FLIGHT AS HE HAS SLEPT IN AIRPORT AND WANTS TO GO HOME.

You can’t help anyone out if you don’t even know there is a problem!

Please note he did not miss his 07.45 flight we cancelled it as he told me at 06.12 he wasn’t doing the job

So Subman you got that string of emails????????

Quote from Subman "I have spoken to the contractor and feels he can do very little from Asia this is why he asked me to look into it”. Well Subman you definitely know how to deal with it in a professional way……

subman
    Participant

Keep the storys coming I love them !

Its very clear the best way to sort this mess out is all the people reading this send me a pm and I will send you all a copy of all the Text messages and emails that were sent and the time .

Then they can see who is telling the truth but like I said your only digging a bigger hole for your self .

You seem to have missed out all the requests from 20:00 to send the driver so the guy can go to a hotel . But yes there is a email from Ocean King stating "Sir please proceed to emirates terminal 3 lounge " But nothing regarding go to a hotel .

If what your telling us is true why at 04.30 did the AVP send a text message which states " Go to the Airport Hotel Pls : I specifically conveyed this to M****** But it seems this was not conveyed to you "

So even the AVP confirms no email or text message was sent ! regarding going to a hotel .

Sorry like I said I have every thing here !

If your email was correct :-
    Sir please proceed to emirates terminal 3 lounge and check for hotel, we will reimburse the cost to you.

Why is the AVP telling the guy at 04:30 " But it seems this was not conveyed to you !

What your seeing here is damage control from Ocean One Bulb trying to save face .

As I keep telling you non of this would have happen if your client was not so tight and the guy had been put in a hotel when he requested at 20.00 .

This is better than Eastenders

Cheers

Subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

Subman haha ha ha ha ha just love it your identity has been revealed by forum readers which confirms you are the contractor in question.

Just stick your own email into google and up you pop!
    So what happened to that job you told me you got?? Thought you were going straight on the vessel from Dubai airport or did that fall through???
    Maybe you’re on the vessel and not doing any work so have time all day to sit on a forum!

You are a just a disgruntled man, that did not follow correct procedures and I am not one for backing down when I know Maris Subsea and the Client did nothing wrong.
    I am a fair woman and I will go out of my way to ensure contractors and Clients are treated fairly. I was fair to you as soon as I knew what was going on and gave you options. You chose to go home not me not Ocean King.
    Anyone that has been in this game for as long as you have, would know that sleeping on the floor of an airport is not right and would have called their agency. You did not!

subman
    Participant

If you still think I am the contractor in question. Sorry but I live near Norwich not that it matters But I think your find the contractor lives in Asia .

The only reason I am I am here and not the contractor ,Is I can pop over to see you were as the contractor cant .

So back to the story your telling us all this is down to the contractor but the contractor was not told go to the Hotel until 04:30 ,Look at the text message " Go to the Airport Hotel Pls : I specifically conveyed this to M****** But it seems this was not conveyed to you "

Since the flight was at 07:45 check in would have been at 04:45 3 hours before the flight whats the point going to the hotel for 15 mins .

Its very clear they or you had no intention of putting the guy into a hotel

There for this problem was caused by your self and the client just trying to save money the facts speak for them selfs

As for :- Sir please proceed to emirates terminal 3 lounge and check for hotel, we will reimburse the cost to you.

This email was never sent , If it was why does AVP State :- I specifically conveyed this to M****** But it seems this was not conveyed to you "

Like I said this is just Ocean One Bulb doing damage control but they forgot about the text message at 04:30 .

So the screw up is down to your client and yourself but your right about one thing " Sleeping on the floor is not right "

So were do we go from here for the people reading this if you would like a copy of the texts and emails please let me know just drop me a pm .

Cheers

Subman

subman
    Participant

Its funny why your putting in so much effort in finding out my ID .

If I thought it would help I would come over to your office at lowestoft or phone you but I dont think it would help .

Well all the readers of the forum are waiting to hear for a explanation

If this is correct Why send the guy a Text message at 04:30

Go to the Airport Hotel Pls : I specifically conveyed this to M****** But it seems this was not conveyed to you "

Its clear this email was never sent :- In other words its a Fake ! Other wise why send the above message

Cheers

subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

I no longer need to prove anything. The only "fake" is you!

Subman Quotes throughout this discussion

“2 guys who just walked off this job due to poor working and living conditions” – not true plus other readers have already commented on this and you have changed your mind over this statement.

“first to go was one of the Sups then soon after the PT” – not true

“still leaves why did the other Supervisor did not get on the Kuwait flight from Dubai” – eh because that is you and you wanted to go home!

“I understand he missed the flight at 07:45” – not true flight cancelled

“Its very clear that the best way to sort this out is I pop over to your office and show you the evidence however even then I am sure your say it was all made up .” – still waiting for you to arrange an appointment and show face!

“Text messages dont lie” – well they can as you can’t forward a message from the original sender and time!

“I have spoken to the contractor and feels he can do very little from Asia this is why he asked me to look into it .” – not true as you are the contractor

“The only reason I am I am here and not the contractor ,Is I can pop over to see you were as the contractor cant.” – ok so when are you coming? so that we can update the readers

“If I thought it would help I would come over to your office at lowestoft or phone you but I dont think it would help .” – is that because you can’t cos you live in Asia and don’t want to spend money on a phone call??? PM me your number I’ll call you???

“Its funny why your putting in so much effort in finding out my ID” – so Larson group is now lying now are they? anyone that has clicked who you are will know which story to believe.

And on a final note just before I clock off for a nice relaxing weekend….. please do tell the readers of the forum why on earth, a man of your experience, thought it was ok to sleep on an airport floor and not contact their agency to say that there was a problem?

subman
    Participant

At the end of the day its down to was the guy offered accommodation the answer is “ NOT UNTIL 04:30 “ The Text Message shows that .

So please no more Fake emails please . I did say you would dig a very large hole for your self and you have ,I don’t think the guy was being unreasonable asking for a hotel but its clear the client did not want to pay !

Well I stick by what I said before if you had sent the guy to a hotel when he requested it none of this would have happen need I say any more .

The rest is up to the members reading this the choice is there’s after seeing how they treat personnel

So thanks to the members for reading this but after seeing all the emails and text messages that this guy had made I thought it best to say something I dare say if the guy had been in the UK I think Maris would have a visit but that may still happen since he will be coming back for Christmas for a few weeks

Cheers and thanks to the other members for there support

subman

Maris Subsea
    Participant

Readers as you can see Subman still has not answered my question

"please do tell the readers of the forum why on earth, a man of your experience, thought it was ok to sleep on an airport floor and not contact their agency to say that there was a problem?"

so we are waiting???

"So thanks to the members for reading this but after seeing all the emails and text messages that this guy had made I thought it best to say something" –
    You’ve not said anything your title was "Ocean King Dubai Warning" – so whats the warning?? cos you proved you spoke a lot of rubbish about the working conditions, food and who actually didn’t walk off the job!!!! then you went on about how they only bought in one light bulb – so thats a warning??? then you went onto say how they wouldn’t put you up in a hotel, when actually they would have but you prefered to sleep on a floor of an airport cos you didn’t have the marbles to contact your agent to sort it out.

"I dare say if the guy had been in the UK I think Maris would have a visit but that may still happen since he will be coming back for Christmas for a few weeks" – another load of rubbish thought you were his right handman and sorting his problem out for him! More like imaginary friend.

If he does pop his head round it will be like Santa’s come early oh I will look forward to that!

subman
    Participant

Keep the storys coming

Why dont you tell us why the AVP sent Text message at 04:30 telling the Guy
    You can go to the airport hotel Pls ; I specifically conveyed this to M*****
    but it seems this was not conveyed to you

" Not Conveyed to you " Thats means just that the man was sent nothing not until 04:30

Its very clear this debate could go on for days if not weeks the facts are very clear " You and your Client were happy to get the guy to sleep at the airport just to save a few pound .

As for sleeping on the floor goes at 20:00 a request was made for a driver to take the guy to a hotel , But all the guy was told was to go to terminal 3 and the flight was at 07:45 .

I think your very lucky that I am not the contractor but I think when he comes over in a few weeks time I will bring the guy over to see you and you can explain to him face to face why he had to sleep on the floor and pay his own fare back .

So what story are you going to tell us next I wonder ? Your telling us a guy goes over to Dubai then less than 24 hours later wants to return home at his own expense without a good reason the plane ticket alone is about £500- £600

Sorry it dont add up ! You must think we are mad however over a 2000 people have read this Topic so I will leave it to them to make up there minds

Subman

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘Ocean King Dubai warning !’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar