Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work ROV Supt. / Supv. availability

ROV Supt. / Supv. availability

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work ROV Supt. / Supv. availability

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Star,

I think our definitions of "good rates" are rather varied. I’ve had to turn down some work….

star
    Participant

me too

hence the reason i am still living the life.. who needs to work when we can turn it down hey!
    some of the supervisors rates are mad.. dont you think?? bloody hell!
    … say yes when the right price arrives..
    anyway seems alot of ROV people scratching for work just now.. shame

pity they all never put some away and got out of it before they hit forty or so!!
    am nearly there, the right mark i mean … not forty!!!!! that wall seen some piss , but not all of it !
    best of luck getting something.
    ST A and R removed! 😆

Savante
    Participant

i did those horrible 280 days offshore years , so i tend to relax a bit more now

cool, maybe you’ll chill out in your old age. 😆

subman
    Participant

Guys this is nothing compared when the price of oil went down to 9$ back in 1986 , Only got 5 weeks work and the firm went bust so had to wait 6 months to get paid .

However some companys are paying good rates like Bluestream and Neptune
    around 687 – 700 Euros and 1000$ but there are many agencys trying to pay you in GBP which is crap ! But the training schools are still pushing hundreds out per week so wait and see .

Cheers

Subman

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Just means more needless f#ck – ups and shine the brighter 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Lost,

Put an emphasis on NEEDLESS…

star
    Participant

cool, maybe you’ll chill out in your old age
    Savante.. i am not old, just did some hectic days.. to get the cash in. so i dont need to scratch for the scraps and like scott does , tend to be turning down work because of poor rates.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

cool, maybe you’ll chill out in your old age
    Savante.. i am not old, just did some hectic days.. to get the cash in. so i dont need to scratch for the scraps and like scott does , tend to be turning down work because of poor rates.

Okay… you are (once again) way out of line dude… Re-read your post and tell me (via pm) what you (young Carunt) actually is trying to spew but having it difficult cuoming with yur tugune… u liddle shiote!!! 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

See a psycho!!!

Anonymous

Star why the f–k are you turning down work because of poor rates,do you jump from one company to the next,and if not why have you been working for poor rates in the past??…Why does anyone in the ROV industry work for poor rates??.Are you saying the rates are going down??,
    If that is the case then we all know why dont we??…Influx of trainees,cheap labour.Pay peanuts get monkeys….Oh dear oh dear what is it coming to?….

star
    Participant

scott.. i see where your going, i meant that you PM me about you turning down work as you were getting offered low rates, and i meant like you i was also offered poor rates.
    also
    mr brig.. i have been offered some low rates from a agency or 2 and i turned them down. they did not want to go above this so i rather decided to go to another agency thats all.. and am sure as we all know money is the main thing at the end of the day..

luckyjim37
    Participant

It seems reading back through this thread that there is a bit of rate snobbery going on here.

The problem as highlighted is that the influx of cheap labour is controlling the rate of pay and that is not necessarily right but it is the situation we have so that leaves two choices.

Turn down work and wait for more money (which will take longer and longer) or

Bite the bullet take whats on offer and keep the money coming in.

The thing with this job, as I see it, is it a lifestyle choice and to be honest most supervisor positions I see being offered from the UK agencies are around the £400 – 450 mark which is more than enough for me to live on so I would be happy to work for that. On the same note if the industry took a nose dive to keep a roof over my head and food on the table I would quite happily drop my rate so as not to price myself out of work which it would appear that many guys are doing at the moment.

The big day rates are brilliant if you can get them but if they are not on offer you can only take the job that is on the table and maybe have to swallow some pride in the process.

Since we have no industry pay agreements in place it is a mine field as to what rate to wait for so personally I would take whatever I get offered within reason.

The other thing is it is nice to be in a position to be able to wait for the rates to improve again. The way the industry has been over the last two years it would have been very foolish not to be saving like mad but I bet there are still a lot of guys out there who need to get a lot of days and count on SED to cover bills and the lifestyle they have chose to live.

openside
    Participant

Abusive comments removed by admin.

Not all of us choose to live in a caravan. As soon as there is a down turn in the industry they will get rid of the deadwood and you will have to go back to fitting TV aerials, so it does make sense for you to save.

CLEAR TO SURFACE……..

Anonymous

Luckjim its nice to have some people who post on here that actually have a brain..Your post made alot of sense..shame about the clear to surface dip stick commenting on you post,but theres always one or two….Graet post..cheers

luckyjim37
    Participant

Thanks Brigs as I said it is only my opinion. Rates do seem to be starting to stagnate even drop a little and I personally could take six months off waiting for them to come back up but why take the chance.

As for Openside’s comments you seem hell bent on putting these rather nasty comments about me on here which is fine it is a public forum so why not have the bottle to PM with who you are.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

To all members.
    Do not be abusive towards other members in this Forum! Not only does such action break the published rules but it may result in the offenders account being deleted without warning. When an account is deleted all posts under that account are automatically deleted by the system.

If you do not wish to abide by the rules then you are free to bugger off to another International ROV Forum and do it their way.

If you have a problem with this send me a PM and I will respond accordingly.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar