Home Forums General General Board ROV WORK

ROV WORK

Home Forums General General Board ROV WORK

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Mag50
    Participant

Scotbeve,

If that’s what you believe? yes or no. Ethier way you are correct.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

There were 3 parts to it…

K2
    Participant

Don’t get mixed up between seasonal and economic slow downs. I’ve not noticed any slow down….apart from the stuff mentioned on this site. I’m aware of a number of jobs kicking off shortly and of one big player who requires at least 22 ROV guys from tech to supt so there’s plenty of things going on if you look around.

😉

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Correct K2, it’s the seasonal slowdown and there is loads of work coming up – more than one big one as well… As for myself? I mis-timed it poorly – happens sometimes.

blackbeard
    Participant

I am busy as a busy thing, so i have no complaints, in fact have brought two guys in to work with my team, so good hands need not worry IMHO
    it’s the seasonal slowdown

Though i would not like to be straight out of for bill or the like…

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

My take on it,
    I’ve seen no slow down at all, if anything it’s getting more frantic than usual.
    I’m going back offshore early – the reason being we just cannot get any competent agency bodies to cover for the regular guys, hence we’re having to cover more than our usual back to back, i.e. go out to cover for a sub eng until the sup goes home then cover for the sup.

What I am seeing is a lot less willingness to carry f*ckwits, and I plead guilty as charged.

If you’re there as an agency sub eng I will present you with the job spec on your arrival. If you can’t meet the job spec then I WILL NRB you at the earliest possible opportunity.
    I have no time to train people to do the job they are supposedly already qualified (and are being paid) to do.

I have had it to the back teeth with these muppets, they cause me more trouble than they are worth.

Monkey

Mag50
    Participant

I just came off a job 3 weeks ago as a Sub Engineer and the agency told me that company x want me to come back, but on a different vessel same world location but for a lower pay, because they only have a P/T position available.
    BLank THAT.
    I not accepting that. I told them no, you pay what we agreed or more, or im not going. I’ll go for the previous day/rate and they can title it whatever they want.
    Im not going backward in pay. Only FORWARD
    I AM THAT I AM,
    I have other ROV work options that im weighing out.
    Funny how God works, While im on the cell phone with the agency another agency calls me on my home phone and want’s me for a job in West Africa for a different client.

K2
    Participant

Monkey

Yea, nice one. Unfortunately I am agency and the shoe is on the other foot, I’ve worked with companies and had to carry their guys but I can’t NRB them. I try to get an idea of the guys on the team before going out or just turn down offers of work for those particular companies.

Swings and roundabouts….

😉

K2
    Participant

Mag50

Yep, had that too. Came of job as supv last Oct, comany wanted me back as sub eng in Nov, I said I want supv pay they paid it. Fair play. Stand by yer guns. If they value you and want you they will pay.

😉

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

I was just came off a job 3 weeks ago as a Sub Engineer and the agency told me the company x want me to come back, but on a different vessel same world location but for a lower pay, because they only have a P/T position available.
    F*&k THAT.
    I not accepting that. I told them no, you pay what we agreed or more, or im not going. I’ll go for the previous day/rate and they can title it whatever they want.
    Im not going backward in pay. only FORWARD
    I AM THAT I AM,
    I have other ROV work options that im weighing out.
    Funny how God works, While im on the phone with the agency another agency calls me on my home phone and want’s me for a job in West Africa for a different client.

Hmmmmm..

Wouldn’t be Angola by any chance…..?

In a couple of weeks……?

Monkey

Mag50
    Participant

Im standing my grounds with dignity.
    " When one door is closed many more is opened"
    I believe that with all of my heart and that’s what’s happening now. Other options and positive forces are working in my favor.

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

Mag50

Yep, had that too. Came of job as supv last Oct, comany wanted me back as sub eng in Nov, I said I want supv pay they paid it. Fair play. Stand by yer guns. If they value you and want you they will pay.

😉

K2,

Agreed,
    I’d rather have supv that we use as sub eng than a sub eng with no continuous work history and only one trip as a sub eng and no experience with the class of ROV or workscope.

To me, I want the guy with the experience of the workscope first, experience of the type of ROV second. What the agency job title is, quite frankly irrelevant.
    If they don’t have experience of the equipment, vessel etc I will automatically downgrade them from Supv to sub eng etc as a matter of course. If they present with "qualifications" from the USA or Africa they may well be capable of driving a winch…..or maybe not…
    😉

I don’t care what they’re paid or what they’re job title is….just that they are capable of doing the job I need doing.

Quite frankly it’s getting hard to find them nowadays…

And breathe…… 😕

Beer time….

Monkey

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

Im standing my grounds.
    " When one door is closed many more is opened"
    I believe that with all of my heart and that’s what’s happening now. Other options and positive forces are working in my favor.

Oh dear…

Another one in the bin….

😯

Monkey

Mag50
    Participant

Monkey,

If that what you think about yourself, that’s you.
    I know my track record and what you think about my opions is your business, not mines.

Savante
    Participant

It’s absolutely crazy busy at the moment. I think it’s time to turn off the BBC and start developing some immunity to the words "Credit crunch".

😆

And breathe……

Hammer time !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar