Home Forums General General Board ROV WORK

ROV WORK

Home Forums General General Board ROV WORK

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Guys, it’s as crazy as you want to make it. There’s a lot of guys not living in the UK that will not take ANY UK pound contracts. And there’s others who won’t take on ANY work in W. Africa. And then there’s guys who do BOTH Some people stand their ground w/dignity.

T-Boy
    Participant

Compared to last year I would say if anthing it is getting busier earlier.

The amount of work being offered by the middle men (Agencies) has dropped off as it normally does, but there is still a trickle.

There is oodles of work around if you are preparred to put the effort in finding it.

Many folk have been spoilt over the last couple of years i.e it’s been an employees market, agencies emailing/phoning several times a day etc. Well in a cyclic, seasonal quiet period see, it don’t quite work the same! 😯 …don’t expect job offers to land on your lap, you may have to do some good old fashioned leg work.

I am still amazed that people have the ordasity to post Help-How do I get a job in this indusrty Blimey the information is there at your fingertips if you have the savvy to search, and the work is there if you have the drive to want it. Do a search in Google for ‘ROV jobs’

Those that have put the effort in and have made a name for themselves will prosper, those that have blagged their way through because they talk the talk will find it increasingly hard.

Seems like some people expect to have work force fed to them and want it NOW.

Breathe…Bring in the Oxygen tent 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

And I will continue to sit on my arse for: not taking an asinine dayrate (in GBP) or location, wait until the (highly underpaid) N. Sea Tigers go to whence they came from, my attitude / integrity of, "i – will – not – lower – my – dayrate – for – the next – job…", and I will wait for the inevitable request of, "Can you help us out mate? This (inexperienced) plonker has … fill in here problem of your own choice …. the vehicle and we would like you to…. fill in here your choice of repair…" All high and mighty??? I don’t think so for any of you little tarwats that think I am one… Those of you who know me / know of me will (maybe / just maybe) agree with me on this meandering / partially cryptic

Anonymous

Dear Mag50,

excuse for my acid reactions, I am a kind person but you drive me crazy yesterday. You must to choose the dignity unless you are very desperate. I understand you and other people in this World which lost their jobs.

The positive forces will win. 😉

Santa :

Mag50
    Participant

RaviSanta,

You are excused, Im not sure what you are talking about. I stood my grounds and Im not desperate for work.
    Like I said. " When one door is closed another one is open"
    My friend several doors has open since I made that statement.

I am Keeping Faith in my Higher Power, which he has never forsaken me.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

well, i came off my last job (6 week duration) on the 5th of Nov (last year) and started looking for agency work during late December – and i am STILL looking to go offshore – by now things are beyond desperate! 🙁 🙁

i’ve been told that Dec/Jan is a quiet period (fantastic! just the time that i was hoping to be working again) – by now it’s Feb and as still very quiet when i look at what agencies are looking for – Sep/Oct last was very busy. now it’s just a trickle. i agree that one needs to look – not just sit there and stare at one’s ‘inbox’ – i think i should stop doing that. 😯

so, why still this trickle from the agencies – does it after all tie in to this blah_blah about the (worldwide) economic downturn (i’m not quite convinced though) or is it just simply a case of ‘that time of the year’?
    or a bit of both : duh ❗ 😛
    well, i’m ready – i’ve been ready since December.
    although i must that everyone i’ve registered with / been in contact with has responded – has kept me sweet – has shown manners. which helps – of course.
    but i’ve by now i’ve well reached the stage where the piggy bank itself has as well been pawned. 😕 😕

Trabalho? : agora!

obrigado for listening

p.s. so where the hell is all that work everyone is talking about?

😆 only joking 😆 (not!)

Savante
    Participant

bom dia senhor clark,

poderia eu recomendar que você fala com claire do subservpro?

tamenya!!

Look at sonsub at the moment, they’re recruiting for a big job in Baku, also Nigeria – AGIP. I think star has posted a couple of job ads up on this site too recently; might be worth a shuftie.

Anonymous

Dear Savante,

I ask You a question. What is the language you use in anterior message.

Bom dias? It seems a latin language?

But the orthografy is different. If you want, I explain you on private.

Octane_nor
    Participant

bom dia senhor clark,

poderia eu recomendar que você fala com claire do subservpro?

tamenya!!

Look at sonsub at the moment, they’re recruiting for a big job in Baku, also Nigeria – AGIP. I think star has posted a couple of job ads up on this site too recently; might be worth a shuftie.

wow u speak portugues 🙄

Savante
    Participant

nah, sorry, am just really really bored. bit of a dickish thing to do. 🙁

JL Schnabel
    Participant

boa tarde Savante,

indeed, i am in contact with Claire (Subserv)… brigado!
    and -ukps- last year sep/oct had tons of work coming through every day – what a pity – that was then. it’s not even a trickle any more – from them there’s simply nothing!

😥

thank you for the Sonsub tip though – por favor, don’t tell anyone about this…

Andrew Macbeth
    Participant

Av been in the game 3years may, and av got to a supervisor for workclass now and am still findin loads of work, sayin that am on a seaeye falcon just now in Dubai, first eyeball job!!

JL Schnabel
    Participant

would all you wise and kind gentlemen assume that one’s country of residence has an influence for being selected for a project – ie. a client would rather choose someone closer to the job… is it possibly a deciding factor?

Andrew Macbeth
    Participant

I wouldnt have said so, if your what there lookin for then they wont care, but suppose dependin on the job length, if its a long trip they wont care cause there makin enough money of ya lol

tinchicken
    Participant

Yeh, it’s quiet!

(Even the lovely Claire says it’s quiet)

There’s slots here and there that are business as usual, but nowhere near what it was. Then again, Jan and early Feb are always pants, the end of the first quater will show if its a slow down or just seasonal.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar