Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’ll say it the way it is, most of us will commend you and cheer you and if you get a pay rise we’ll gladly take it, if not then we’ll snaffle your job!!

Savechange 😆

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Lucky Strike 😯
    Don’t mind if I do 😀

T-Boy
    Participant

Strike me down 😮
    On second thoughts… 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Oily,

As predicted, the lack of solidarity precludes some of these replies. Heaven forbid an ROV guy that is hanging by a weak tree root from a cliff and another ROV guy is there by the ledge making love to his calculator….

Andy Shiers
    Participant

That’s one hell of a weird dream , man 😕
    Stay loose and float away ……………………………………………. 8)

piedpiper
    Participant

Calling all brave ROV souls out there, I hear all this talk about unions and pay rates but nothing gets done? Lets for once be united like the divers last year and STOP all ROV work world wide and get the day Rates increased 25% across the board.

They are making a killing off us.

It’s time to stop talking and lets take action, Let’s pick a date and stop all work.

Regards
    Oilypipes

technip paid the 25% last year along with the divers, and a further 5 – 7 % depending on position this year……..so if your not getting the money you think you should be, why don’t you leave and go somewhere that does pay it. You can easy make a 25% pay rise simply by moving company, it’s not exactly rocket science is it ? As for an illegal strike, get real !

piedpiper

Anonymous

scotbeve
    Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:26 pm Post subject:

——————————————————————————–

Oily,

As predicted, the lack of solidarity precludes some of these replies. Heaven forbid an ROV guy that is hanging by a weak tree root from a cliff and another ROV guy is there by the ledge making love to his calculator….

Two things firstly any decent ROV guy doesn’t need a calculator to know his wages, and secondly yeah kick his hands away from the root, there’s one more job in the market!!

Savechange

luckyjim37
    Participant

Get a grip. We are paid good money at the moment the problem is to many guys who remember the glory wage days of old when they were on stupid money compared to the rest of the world.

We are not rocket scientists, we do not save lives, we do not risk our lives anymore than most onshore workers who have manual jobs.

Justify the money. Some guys work 40 hours a week at home do not see there kids hardly as they travel to work before the kids are up and get home to see them for an hour before they go to bed.

How can we moan and no I am not a company man or in a senior position with any company where I care enough about them not to go on strike.

Rates are constantly climbing and will probably continue to do so for the next couple of years. what you are trying to do may force the hands of the companies into bringing the wages up quicker but I object to fireman and policeman taking this kind of action so I would be a hypocrite to go along with it.

So in the whole industry that is one who will not not walk out if you are making a tally.

Anonymous

Wait a minute here, you can make all sorts of comparisons you like, but the simple FACT is do the maths, say you get £360 a day, you’re at work for 24 hours for that £360, so that is £15 an hour, bin men get more than that!! we are (most of us anyway now) engineers of some desription, I was an electrician once upon a time and they get £40 quid an hour so forget the "superstar wages" crap, we work average more than twice the hours of an office worker, and if you equate the money down to the 39 hour week, you would be on £28,000 a year, not a huge wages in this day and age. The likes of Technip, Fugro, Oceaneering etc.. charge £800 plus a day for each and every one of us, so don’t feel sorry for the them!!

Savechange

Dugsub
    Participant

Hi All.
    An ill
    thought out policy such as this is doomed to failure, Instead of trying to organise a strike, why not try and organise a piss up in a brewery? I am sure you would get plenty of suport for this!.
    Alternativley everybody sign up with the RMT and allow profesional negotiators to work with employers, strike action should only be used as alast resort never as an opening shot!
    I will sign up for RMT on Jan 08-08.
    This is acheivable and will set us on a course to equal conditions and pay now enjoyed by only a few in the industry it is not only pay.
    Regards to all.
    Dugsub.

Anonymous

Dugsub
    Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:50 am Post subject:

Hi All.
    An ill
    thought out policy such as this is doomed to failure, Instead of trying to organise a strike, why not try and organise a piss up in a brewery? I am sure you would get plenty of suport for this!.
    Alternativley everybody sign up with the RMT and allow profesional negotiators to work with employers, strike action should only be used as alast resort never as an opening shot!
    I will sign up for RMT on Jan 08-08.
    This is acheivable and will set us on a course to equal conditions and pay now enjoyed by only a few in the industry it is not only pay.
    Regards to all.
    Dugsub.

RMT won’t help anyone, we went down this road 10 years ago, and basically the RMT has an agreement with the Diving contractors not to represent ROV personnel as this would jeopardise their core business which is diving at the behest of ROV personnel who possibly work for ROV only companies. So we’ll all just have to whinge on, and lets be honest life feels much better after a good whinge!!

Savechange 😆

Cabledog
    Participant

Wait a minute here, you can make all sorts of comparisons you like, but the simple FACT is do the maths, say you get £360 a day, you’re at work for 24 hours for that £360, so that is £15 an hour, bin men get more than that!! we are (most of us anyway now) engineers of some desription, I was an electrician once upon a time and they get £40 quid an hour so forget the "superstar wages" crap, we work average more than twice the hours of an office worker, and if you equate the money down to the 39 hour week, you would be on £28,000 a year, not a huge wages in this day and age. The likes of Technip, Fugro, Oceaneering etc.. charge £800 plus a day for each and every one of us, so don’t feel sorry for the them!!

Savechange

Never come across a spark in my life that was on £40 an hour, £22 max the best I saw. As for a bin man on 15 pounds an hour if you can show us the info on that it would be useful.

Now, you work a 12 hour shift, every now and then you do a bit longer (some dont though and walk of crying about the fact that it is no longer their shift/problem) so what, generally you do not even WORK for ALL of those 12 hours. 😈 . That is what you get paid for, no binman on earth gets paid £360 per day. You are paid that because you are on call 24 hrs a day while at work. If you work via an agency then you do not generally get paid while you are of, unless you have sorted out a retention fee of some kind, if you work for the company then you do get paid but on a lower rate/basic salary. The old saying goes "you made your bed so lie in it" ❗ ❗ ❗

At the end of the day we fly, break and fix a vehicle, (the fact it is an ROV is irrelevant, it could be a car or a bike, whatever) travel around the world at someone elses expense and get well paid for it. We have no expenses to pay for so generally what we earn we keep (Not going to mention the Tax-Man here 😈 😈 😈 ) For fuck sake, grow up, do your job and stop bitching 💡 💡 Things could be a lot worse, you could be a binman 😯 😯

Now before you say "yeah but, at least I would be home every night" if you want to be home every night what are y’all doing here then 🙄 🙄 I have worked all over the world for the past 20 years and have never be able to enjoy QUALITY time at home like this, for long periods like this. 😆 And I earn more cash 8) 8)

Merry Christmas to you all and a happy strike free new year 😀 😀

Be good
    Dog

piedpiper
    Participant

Savechange

so go be a bin man then. Wanker !

piedpiper

Anonymous

Cabledog
    Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:52 am Post subject:

savechange wrote:

Savechange

Never come across a spark in my life that was on £40 an hour, £22 max the best I saw. As for a bin man on 15 pounds an hour if you can show us the info on that it would be useful.

Now, you work a 12 hour shift, every now and then you do a bit longer (some dont though and walk of crying about the fact that it is no longer their shift/problem) so what, generally you do not even WORK for ALL of those 12 hours. . That is what you get paid for, no binman on earth gets paid £360 per day. You are paid that because you are on call 24 hrs a day while at work. If you work via an agency then you do not generally get paid while you are of, unless you have sorted out a retention fee of some kind, if you work for the company then you do get paid but on a lower rate/basic salary. The old saying goes "you made your bed so lie in it"

At the end of the end we fly, break and fix a vehicle, (the fact it is an ROV is irrelevant, it could be a car or a bike, whatever) travel around the world at someone elses expense and get well paid for it. We have no expenses to pay for so generally what we earn we keep (Not going to mention the Tax-Man here ) For fuck sake, grow up, do your job and stop bitching Things could be a lot worse, you could be a binman

Now before you say "yeah but, at least I would be home every night" if you want to be home every night what are y’all doing here then I have worked all over the world for the past 20 years and have never be able to enjoy QUALITY time at home like this, for long periods like this. And I earn more cash

Merry Christmas to you all and a happy strike free new year

Be good
    Dog

Hey Office Knob, remember why you have a job!!! No offshore whingers, no office knobs!! remember that fact!!

Merry Christmas to all

piedpiper
    Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:24 am Post subject:

savechange wrote:

Savechange

so go be a bin man then. Wanker !

piedpiper

I’d rather be a wanker than a shirt lifter!!

Anonymous

Cablebitch,

before you open that stupid mouth of yours again to claim not to be an office knob, a wanna-be is even worse than the real thing!!

Savechange

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar