Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    temp
    Participant

savechange

Twas ever so.

It sometimes helps though if you can identify and communicate objectively, rationally and effectively back to base how a lack of certain spares, or personnel skill limitations, equipment design issues etc are affecting actual ability to do the job. People generally don’t respond well to rants and the blame game, but sometimes you may actually get a favourable response to calm, level-headed reasoning, and trying to see their point of view.

Highlight and quantify off-hire and down-time caused by lack of spares, time wasted due to poor kit prep before it leaves base, not having experienced crew. They should already be analysing this from the Daily Reports etc. Offer solutions, suggestions for improving things – sometimes it works and things improve. Calling base staff all the wan*ers under the sun generally does not achieve the desired result, usually makes things worse.

Why not go through the spares inventory and highlight critical items that are show-stoppers, and let base know of shortages in advance (yes, maybe they should already know, but often they don’t). Check you have such items before the sh*t hits the fan and you actually need it – covers your ass too. Don’t make everything highest priority on stores orders if it isn’t.

Office bods sometimes do sit up and listen if money is being lost or they are in danger of losing a contract or the system being run-off etc., or if you can use the safety angle.

On the hours/pay thing – as I said, it’s up to the individual to decide what they will go offshore for, if you don’t like it, take your skills elsewhere.
    Comparing offshore to onshore work is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. Comparing similar offshore jobs and rates is more realistic.
    Not sure you can do much about it though apart from trying other companies – the grass is not always greener.

temp

Anonymous

Temp,

Your applying to much logic!!

I think a new contraversial Forum is needed to get the hot heads out, you are far too calm and collected for my liking.

Please do not post on the next contraversial forum till at least page 5, thus giving us time to get everyone’s blood boiling before you come on and dampen it all down with polite logic.

Save

luckyjim37
    Participant

I have finally worked Savechange out he is sat somewhere with nothing to do so he is having a go to get a reaction from everyone. The annoying thing is he starting to now break the rules of the forum, very naughty.

So go back to bed you half cocked idiot and let the real men of the industry do there jobs and keep the systems tight and the money rolling in.

temp
    Participant

Drill support probably? Maybe too busy watching movies and surfing the net to check the spares and do maintenance, as of course it’s all the fault of the management and office wa**kers.

Sorry to spoil your forum fun savechange.
    Don’t take offence though if you are conscientous and not watching movies and are busy flushing the hydraulics.

Does not compute.
    Mr Logic signing off (temp)

Anonymous

Lucky,

what rules have been broken?? if you refer to personal insults then I think if you check, you will find that I did not personally insult anyone until I had been personally insulted. If you are refering to group insults, this is common place on this site, and is pefrectly reasonable, as it is not having a go at anyone personally.

Save

Balloo
    Participant

Jesus…………………………….took me hours to get to this page reading all previous banter.
    Agree with savechange………………Temp – get a life!!
    Give us another thread to go on savechange as after 8 pages on stopping all ROV work – me thinks we are off on a tangent.

How about " Does anyone know what happened to boney M" ???

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Yes lads, either get back to the thread in question and start a new slag session somewhere else or just plain ol’ desist…

Now….. who’ll have the cajones made of brass to actually stop work??? Or are the majority of you too busy getting custom made / fitted Kevlar backplates or sharpening knives?????

luckyjim37
    Participant

oh dear you office boys are so serious, and you all clearly think offshore workers are so thick they believe you when you spout crap about being an offshore worker who is feeling overpaid!! get a grip you bunch of twats. what’s completely hidiuos is that you bunch of fools are running this industry and you don’t know your arse from your elbow from an rov!! and some of you idiots are running training courses now for the likes of fugro, and churning out more poor saps who have wasted their time listenening to people with zero knowledge!! who couldn’t cut it offshore and so kissed ass their way into the office!!

Savechange you wrote the above on page 7 of the thread. I believe personally the language in which you refer to the office staff to be a little out of line. I could be wrong but if you work in the industry at least one of the people you refer to as twats is responsible for you being in work.

Or maybe that is just me. But I think that is a direct insult and the use of foul and abusive language so therefore in my opinion is not inkeeping with the general rules of the forum.

[Language – Do not use offensive language.
    We are here for people of all ages, and want everyone to feel comfortable. Offensive language constitutes as profanity, racial, ethnic, and gender based insults or any other personal discriminations, and posts meant to offend or hurt any other members or their work.
    If you need to say something do it sensibly with facts, not with insults.
    If you have an issue with a members language or attitude on this website please alert Admin by PM or via the feedback form.
    If the website Admin deem any posts as offensive then the members account in question may be deleted from the site without warning.
    In particular, if it is deemed that you have directly insulted another member your account will most probably be deleted.

]

Anonymous

Lucky,

Piedpiper wrote;

so go be a bin man then. Wanker !

piedpiper

I believe this was the first serious insult bandied on this site and was directed at another member, and you quote me with a general comment so No it was not personal. is twat a serious sware word, well not in our industry, it is a very mild comment, used amongst friends quite often.

so first please don’t just choose who you disagree with to blame for the degrading of the subject, lay the blame at the feet of the person who first started being insulting people personally.

Second, don’t be so damn sensitive, cause if you are so upset by such a comment, you are in the wrong industry.

The fact remains that the office workers on this site changed the subject of this thread from a rally call for a strke, which is perfectly legitimate, and even though I would not go there, it is an opinion that can be freely expressed, to a thread of how overpaid the offshore people are, filled with lies and mis-information backed up by each other to pretend it was the view of us offshore workers about ourselves.

So grow up Lucky and get a life, and do your job instead of coming up with rubbish.

Save 8)

Anonymous

Piedpiper,

I am merely quoting you to state facts for LuckyJim, who is being choosy about what he wishes to object to and not object to, personally I was ok with your comment, and I threw one back at you, so fair’s fair as far as I am concerned, I am not asking for you to be given any sanction, I am merely pointing out LuckyJim’s hypocrasy in picking up on someone because he disagrees with them as opposed to based on the sequence of events.

Save

pizzadude
    Participant

I say yep lets have a strike!!!

but when I get off my holiday, I think the strike should be called off!!!

😆 😆 😆

luckyjim37
    Participant

To be honest I only scanned the replies are yours are the only ones I am interested in Save change. Your input into this forum is both uneducated and childish.

I admit I may have missed another user making an out of turn comment and perhaps in the interest of fairness I should also be annoyed at that person to.

However your comments as I have pointed out are so annoying I make a point of reading them properly.

If I was an ops manager who used this site I would be keen to know who you were especially if I found out you were working for my company with that kind of opinion.

The ops manager and project managers and personnel staff can make or break you when you are at a company as staff or agency. Why do you seem so overkeen to bite the hand that feeds you with your remarks.

It is that kind of remark that generates bad feeling between onshore and offshore staff and tends to make everyone’s life harder.

pizzadude
    Participant

luckyjim37

having read everything in this post now i think savechange is taking the piss and makes a lot of silly comments but does make some good points also

so i agree with temp savechange is looking for a reaction to keep away his boredom

my advice is rise above it

luckyjim37
    Participant

Pizza Dude could not agree more so this will be my last entry on this thread catch ya all somewhere else.

OFFDECK
    Participant

Reading all this shit , you guys are making a complete twat of yourselves, seems everyone has got off the real point and just ended up in a bitching session. This whole thing has gone pair shaped and it looks like the office dudes will have a great laugh tomorrow.

I have been working offshore for the last 18 yrs in ROVs, its been a good industry tresated me and my family well, worked with a great bunch of lads on and offshore, all you idiots are ruining a good business why don’t you f ,ck off and go back to the crapy low paid job that all you were good for onshore.

Leave the industry to us professionals !

Off comms !

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar