Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Offdeck and others that sound like the typical whinge factories,

27 years for myself in the ROV INDUSTRY and had only a sniff at orifice work. 6 out of those 27 were sh**e years. The worst one being 89 days of work only in one year. Calling up daily all the ROV orifices almost on a daily basis only to hear what could’ve been a recording -NO, blah,blah,blah. Remember at the beginning of the industry where the companies were getting 7K-8K$$ / day just for an RCV-225 system and we were getting paid only $15 / hour (8hr. baseline). Since the beginning, the pay has NOT gone up accordingly for TIME IN SERVICE. Those of you with under 15 years in the industry shouldn’t complain (too much) as there were only 2 bad / slow years in the industry since 1993. And anyone under 8 years in service should keep their cakeholes shut, full stop. BTW – it should take the minimum of 5 years to become an ROV supv. 10 years as a Supt. and 20 years as an Ops. Mgr.

Orifice work: Got fed up with office work only after 2 1/2 weeks, walked into my office, upended the desk, smashed the computer, ran into the financial controllers office and thumped him, and finally ran into a dragon-lady’s office and told her off. Felt like nothing was getting done or completed in the orifice. People weren’t getting paid or not on time, etc. Company ended up going bankrupt due to 21 lawsuits from non-payment.

Just a little insight to the not-so-glamorous-side of the ROV industry.

SO, who has the brass ones children???? 15 years or more in the service only???? Any takers??? And why not another one (strike) for the people on time off????

OFFDECK
    Participant

Well oily pipe, looks like that was a great success !

TheProphet
    Participant

What happened to the world wide strike. Did i miss it or didn’t it happen 🙄

J Deans
    Participant

Offdeck and others that sound like the typical whinge factories,

27 years for myself in the ROV INDUSTRY and had only a sniff at orifice work. 6 out of those 27 were sh**e years.

Orifice work: Got fed up with office work only after 2 1/2 weeks, walked into my office, upended the desk, smashed the computer, ran into the financial controllers office and thumped him, and finally ran into a dragon-lady’s office and told her off. Felt like nothing was getting done or completed in the orifice. People weren’t getting paid or not on time, etc. Company ended up going bankrupt due to 21 lawsuits from non-payment.

27 years, isn’t it time you moved over and let the youngsters do the job? Are you one of those who can’t climb up onto the TMS because you’re old and have a crook back?

Gosh your time in the orifice, makes you sound like such a hard man. Smashing computers and upending tables indeed. You probably banged your cup on the table loudly one day.

BTW you are way out in your timetable, these days you can be an ROV Supervisor after 2 years, I’ve even met a Superintendent who had been doing it 3 years, he was good, he told me so himself. People learn quicker nowadays – we dont have to use slate and chalk in school like you used to 😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

😆 😆 😆

Heh, heh – try an abacus and sliderule!! My back’s okay… It just gets up when I have to go up on the TMS and undo the farqupps you youngins get yourselves into…

I suggest you do a bit more research as to how many ROV’s are lost or written off / year… Re: puppies vs ol’ dogs trying to be supvs. / supts.

The term is faster not quicker… And go on and work in the GOM – they deserve another fine upstanding person as yourself – you told me yourself…

AND… by the looks of your signature, etc. on this forum I would most certainly say that you’ll be in the top 10 re: paragraph # 2 this reply….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

BTW you are way out in your timetable, these days you can be an ROV Supervisor after 2 years, I’ve even met a Superintendent who had been doing it 3 years, he was good, he told me so himself. People learn quicker nowadays – we dont have to use slate and chalk in school like you used to 😀

Hey Dino

That just about sums up the way things are going… pretty soon the companies will starting wondering why they are losing more subs and facing far more expensive repairs. 2 year ROV sups?… makes you wonder eh??

On this topic….

So I guess the strike didn’t happen then ? 😀

It’s pretty interesting how many views this thread has had… 7,120 when I last checked so the subject must have got a few peoples attention.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi James,

Yes indeed. Loads of talk but the usual ROV wimps (nowadays…) NO WALK. Gotta have the walk if your gonna have the hot-aired talk…

Spongebob
    Participant

Where is this going to, isn’t it about time that everyone starts to behave as proffesionals, when you are not able to negotiate a day-rate for yourself or agree with the hight of one and than turn arround and start winching and winning to everyone that it is to low, what are you doing here.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar