Home Forums General We’re alongside… So where do I go? Where can I go out in Malabo, Equitorial Guinea/

Where can I go out in Malabo, Equitorial Guinea/

Home Forums General We’re alongside… So where do I go? Where can I go out in Malabo, Equitorial Guinea/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Excableguy
    Participant

He must been busy right enough.

text remarkably similar too – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_United_States

Although it is a shame the question was asked.

It is a bigger shame that this American v Brit bull and other frivolous comments seems to have taken over. ROVWORLD is turning from a useful resource into a soap box for whingers, moaners and racists (apparently).

Shame.

ROVRatt
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation Backwoods.

But, please check before you answer this question; – Does the USA only have fifty states?

Another question for you, and research VERY carefully before answering this one; – Who was the first president of the USA?

Excableguy,

It is a bigger shame that this American v Brit bull and other frivolous comments seems to have taken over. ROVWORLD is turning from a useful resource into a soap box for whingers, moaners and racists (apparently).

Firstly, I am not a Brit. Secondly, most ROV guys are whingers and moaners. Where you got the racist part I don’t know. Please elucidate.

Ever heard of a windup?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I think that went straight over his square head 😆

Excableguy
    Participant

Excableguy,

ROVRatt wrote:

Firstly, I am not a Brit. Secondly, most ROV guys are whingers and moaners. Where you got the racist part I don’t know. Please elucidate.

Ever heard of a windup?

I am not British either.
    ROV guys are famous whingers and moaners and that is great, I was probably up there with the best. But some other posts from this particular guy are most unpleasant and bitter. If there is a joke and a "windup" then yes it has gone over my head.

Redneck1019
    Participant

This is all getting out of hand; I can see where backwoods got mad because this site is full of comments about the US. This is sad, sad that some people on this site can’t open their mouths without trying to put other people down. Its like a bunch of ten year olds running around. Lets get back to ROV work and push this crap to the side, can we do that???

rovnumpty
    Participant

In response to the original question.

It’s been a while since I was in Malabo, but the pizza place was always a safe bet, and the china bar, if it’s still there.

One thing to remember is that it can be ‘a bit dodgy’ – always travel in groups, don’t get completly drunk and be careful after dark.

And at the risk of starting all this rubbish again, I thought the stripes represented the original 18(?) states in the union.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

13 states dude….

China bar is still there as of mid last year.

effinreps
    Participant

Redneck,

The bilious xenophobic verbal diarrhoea that a certain member has posted recently has propagated this recent perceived US bashing. However I think you will find that the posts are directed specifically at that member rather than the US in general.

A Brit would receive similar responses if they posted moronic unintelligible ramblings, if I remember correctly “Star” was one such example.

I am sure that the board would return to its normal status quo, if this unnamed member desisted from posting inflammatory comments. I’m sure you will agree that extreme comments provoke extreme reactions.

The other option would be for the unnamed member to exit the building not forgetting to pick up his white pointy hood and cloak on the way out.

Let’s hope that things can return to normal.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 Yowsa massa’!! Mayhaps the gent was or had to sample to much Panther piss or white lightnin’

effinreps
    Participant

Scott,

The guy must be taking it intravenously 24/7 😆 😆 😆
    Have you read some of his posts? I’d be embarrased writing tripe like that 😳 😳 😳

Redneck1019
    Participant

Redneck,

The bilious xenophobic verbal diarrhoea that a certain member has posted recently has propagated this recent perceived US bashing. However I think you will find that the posts are directed specifically at that member rather than the US in general.

A Brit would receive similar responses if they posted moronic unintelligible ramblings, if I remember correctly “Star” was one such example.

I am sure that the board would return to its normal status quo, if this unnamed member desisted from posting inflammatory comments. I’m sure you will agree that extreme comments provoke extreme reactions.

The other option would be for the unnamed member to exit the building not forgetting to pick up his white pointy hood and cloak on the way out.

Let’s hope that things can return to normal.

His white pointed hood? So you have marked him KKK racist I see. Gentlemen, I have read back thought a lot of this but all of have to admit that the American bashing goes on either way on this site. There are not very many forums that you can’t go in and not find it. There remarks all through them, the septic and yank remarks fill the talk. That’s one of the main reason I don’t come here very much, I got sick of reading it along with all the snide remarks about us. I come in every now and again but that’s all and to tell you the truth, I don’t know if I’ll be coming back. Like backwoods I have had my fill of all the anti American talk. I just have better things to do with my time then to read quotes from a people like that. It’s a shame to, I liked this site.

Redneck1019
    Participant

In response to the original question.

It’s been a while since I was in Malabo, but the pizza place was always a safe bet, and the china bar, if it’s still there.

One thing to remember is that it can be ‘a bit dodgy’ – always travel in groups, don’t get completly drunk and be careful after dark.

And at the risk of starting all this rubbish again, I thought the stripes represented the original 18(?) states in the union.

His 100% right on this, not the 18 states part but everything else is good advice. Stay in groups and never drink too much. Go up to the bar to order and keep your eyes on the bar tinder and your drink. Always have one person that isn’t drinking anything and he needs to have the name of your hotel in that countries language on a piece of paper for a cab driver to read and know where the closest embassy is. Map the way back to your hotel, at least three routes, keep that map with you at all times. Have a copy of your passport and birth certificate with you in case you have to make a run to the embassy, you’ll need it when you get there. Hide money in your shocks, keep just a little in your pockets and put the rest in your shocks in case you get robbed. And it was 13 states.

Mag50
    Participant

Im in Malabo, on the rig now and I enjoyed my short stay on shore.
    I appreciate the reasonable responses THAT REMAINED ON TOPIC to my question.

ROV_HAND
    Participant

Start or end your night at the China Sisters outdoor cafe in Malabo !

elteedee
    Participant

Malabo’s a shithole, cant remember all the bar names, Fang Fang was one, pizza Place and Chinese Joint (actual names) do good food, the bars were all ok, safe enough, just be careful if your walking home.
    Dont be picking trouble with locals unless you know your going to get away with it, heard of a guy that got into a fight with a girl in a bar that turned out to be the presidents niece or something, conciquences were unpleasent.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar