Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Who’s Hiring

Who’s Hiring

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Who’s Hiring

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Gary walker
    Participant

Does any know of any company’s out there that are hiring, I’m a ROV p/t 2 who’s looking to move on and widen my arisen’s.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

arisen’s. ????????????? Try a product that you could buy in a ….. shop. oh, never mind…..

aquarius
    Participant

I often wonder why people bother to add such crappy ansvers like the one above. So what if the spelling, or some word, is not perfect. You know damn well what he means. 👿

It seams that no one is ever hiring. Or at least the position will most likely be filled before you know about it.

You just have to send your CV to everyone and then follow up on them.

You can find a list of ROV companys and agencys on http://www.ronsrovlinks.nl

Good luck 🙂

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I often wonder why people bother to add such crappy ansvers like the one above. So what if the spelling, or some word, is not perfect. You know damn well what he means. 👿

Well, this is an ROV website and it is frequented by many offshore types. You and I both know that this type of piss taking goes on all the time offshore. I guess it’s not totally unexpected to see it pop up here from time to time. I’m not saying it’s right but it will happen… and does.

You can find a list of ROV companys and agencys on http://www.ronsrovlinks.nl

Good luck 🙂

And also, oddly enough, via the Web links section of this site.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Does any know of any company’s out there that are hiring, I’m a ROV p/t 2 who’s looking to move on and widen my arisen’s.

I feel your request is too vague to elicit a useful response.

There are plenty of companies hiring all year round, on a global basis, but it’s more of a trickle feed system and you rarely get word of one company hiring in obvious numbers. That may explain the lack of response here.

Which part of the world are you in?
    Always worth mentioning because a local company may be looking for people at short notice.

Are you Electrical/Electronic or Mech/hydraulic trained?

Inspection or work class?

A bit more information might enable members to suggest a company they know, local to you, that is looking for Mech PT II’s with work class experience in Oz.

It goes something like this:

Hi there

I am based in Perth, Oz.
    I’m a PTII (Mech) with 4 years offshore experience on work class ROV systems mainly on construction projects.
    I’m looking for information on any PT slots that may be going in Oz or further afield.

Any help would be appreciated.

best regards
    xxxx

(Tip: Subsitute the xxxx for your name, or people will think you are gay!)

Now, anyone in Oz might pop up and point you in the right direction locally, or further North to say Singapore.

Oh yes… use an in-line spell checker. FireFox has one as a free add on.
    It works with forums too.
    Contrary to popular belief I can’t spell either 😉

ROVRatt
    Participant

Also, bad spelling and grammar on your CV will give the impression that you can’t be bothered to check your work. Not a good idea in the ROV industry.

Toni Morgan
    Participant

OK enuff of the piss taking, here’s a serious reply.

I quite Oceaneering 5 months ago to freelance and found that I was turning down work, great I thought until 2 months ago I broke a couple of ribs and had to take time off and now when I’m ready to go offshore again theres nothing out there.
    I’ve decided to get re-employed and have an interview with Global Marines who are looking for pilot/tech and supervisors.

Talk about shooting your foot and burning your bridges.

Gary walker
    Participant

Well thanks for the piss take guys, but let me try again with better spelling

I am based in the UK.
    I’m a PTII (electronics) with 2 years offshore experience on work class ROV systems mainly on completions and drill support.
    I’m looking for information on any PT slots that may be going at the moment.
    I don’t think i will go down the agency root just yet as iv’ e only been in the ROV game 2 years, unless anybody would advise me to give it ago, I’m just not sure there’s enough work out there for PT II.

Any help would be appreciated.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I am based in the UK.
    I’m a PTII (electronics) with 2 years offshore experience on work class ROV systems mainly on completions and drill support.
    I’m looking for any PT slots that may be going at the moment.

Please contact me by PM and I will respond with my full UK contact information.

Excellent. (Edited slightly) But it’s lost in this thread.. Who’s hiring?

I suggest you take that and add it, plus a bit more info in a new post in the available for work section.

Title: ROV Pilot Tech II – 2 years Work class/construction experience. (UK based)

You could also use it as the content of an email and fire it off to any ROV company you can get the address for. Add your CV as an attachment (in .pdf format) and you will be putting yourself out there big style.

Go for it and good luck :tup:

Andy Shiers
    Participant

And I will add my two cents worth , Write to all the ROV companys and ring them up. As for agency………………. Get some more years experience before going on the freelance circuit , It will not do you any favours ( as you said yourself )

Gary walker
    Participant

I am based in the UK.
    I’m looking for information on any PT slots that may be going at the moment.

Please contact me by PM and I will respond with my full UK contact information.

Gary walker
    Participant

Thanks for the sound advice James…………

James McLauchlan
    Participant

As for agency………………. Get some more years experience before going on the freelance circuit , It will not do you any favours ( as you said yourself )

I agree, and have edited my previous post accordingly.

Anonymous

There are a few companies Recruiting at the Moment, ISS Aberdeen have been taking on Guys, SS7 have been taking on Dayrate guys, also most of the agencies are lookings, You will find it difficult to find a staff position at the moment…..90% dayrate positions im afraid!! Hve also heard the first quarter is quiet, maybe not the time to be going anywhere??

Im response to some previous posts, you guys that keep talking about being HYD or ELEC, if you have been in the game for 3-4 years you should be both, tired of Jokers coming on jobs hiding behind that bollocks!!

Anonymous

There are a few companies Recruiting at the Moment, ISS Aberdeen have been taking on Guys, SS7 have been taking on Dayrate guys, also most of the agencies are lookings, You will find it difficult to find a staff position at the moment…..90% dayrate positions im afraid!! Hve also heard the first quarter is quiet, maybe not the time to be going anywhere??

Im response to some previous posts, you guys that keep talking about being HYD or ELEC, if you have been in the game for 3-4 years you should be both, tired of Jokers coming on jobs hiding behind that bollocks!!

Well i dont like people coming out and say we can do both and when sh!t hits the fan, oohhh not to sure about this but i can do the hyd stuff, and the other way around, seen it to many times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar