Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Another comediene…

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    T-Boy
    Participant

ROV Supervisor– Norway – 4-6weeks
    g2 Recruitment Solutions – Posted by g2Andrew – Anywhere
    Job Description

ROV Supervisor– Norway – 4-6weeks
    I am currently looking for a ROV supervisor for a 4-6 week contract working in Norwegian waters, vessel based.
    Supervising a team flying Quantum ROV’s
    Candidates must have all relevant documentation

Duration: 4-6 weeks

Rate: £400/day

Start: ASAP 🙄

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Roy Simson
    Participant

If you thought that was funny your going to love the subnet web site with whats on offer there http://www.subnetservices.com

If the companys only paid the going rate they would not have this problem , Our friend at G2 does not even tell the guys that the money on offer £400 is subject to Norwegian tax , Maybe someone can tell us what your take home pay will be after tax £280 – £300 ?

I never knew that you could do 6 weeks offshore straight in Norway as after being offshore for a few weeks they used to send you off for one night in the local hotel then bring you back out again .

But G2 did have guts to put down what rates were on offer , I think a extra £150 plus and he might get some bites .

Good Hunting

Raptor

rovbob
    Participant

Bloomin heck T-Boy I almost split the old G&T, they are havin a right larf with that, never mind it being in Norweigian waters to!
    Raptor I read that Subnet service web and actually did spill me G&T! :
    What are these people thinking 😕
    Have a feeling that someone will pick it up though, maybe just hoping to get Supervisor on their CV!!

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Maybe someone can tell us what your take home pay will be after tax £280 – £300 ?

Did 5 weeks offshore in Norwegian waters in 2010 and had all my tax back.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Thanks for the information Ron regarding the tax side of things in Norway all I know is the last time I worked in Norway via a agency I was put on emergency tax and saw very little returned .

Maybe other people who have worked in Norway and Denmark can tell us what there experience has been .

I have found very few agencies dont even tell you your subject to local tax in Norway or Denmark as all they want is to fill the slot .

Had one offer yesterday from a agency looking for people for a job in Denmark , The person I was speaking with did not even know it was subject to Danish tax a few phone calls later she confirmed it was less 30% Tax

I think at the end of the day its down to what you take home , Its peak season and there are very few guys available .

Cheers

Raptor

Ray Shields
    Participant

Maybe someone can tell us what your take home pay will be after tax £280 – £300 ?

But then Netherlands may have a different tax agreement than other countries.

Also, you only have to pay Norwegian tax if you are doing oil and gas related work. If you are on a ship doing, say, wind farm work, or something not oil or gas related, you are NOT liable Norwegian tax.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

But then Netherlands may have a different tax agreement than other countries.

Also, you only have to pay Norwegian tax if you are doing oil and gas related work. If you are on a ship doing, say, wind farm work, or something not oil or gas related, you are NOT liable Norwegian tax.

True. I remember years back working in Norway once on a cable ship. No tax.

I’m just wondering how long it will be before Norway (for example) adds wind farms into the taxable offshore vessel based activity bracket under (say) Offshore Energy related activities?

Mind you, none of that should detract from the rates quoted above as being dismal!

I can see how clearly this – ‘one for one ‘I’m OK jack’ stylee approach, of allowing market self regulation on rates, is working so far.
    It’s laughable to say the least.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Just seen this on the Subnet web site , Am I missing some thing here how do they expect people to apply for jobs with this amount of information .

ROV Supervisor

Start date: ASAP

Rate: TBA

-air ticket and accommodation provided

– must be free visa on arrival to UAE

UAE
    Duration

aproxx 3os

Enquire or Apply re This Position:

Or fill up the following form:

Very Strange ? " Must Be Free Visa on Arrival to UAE "

Any body got any thoughts ?

Raptor

James McLauchlan
    Participant

-air ticket and accommodation provided

eh???? Like it is any other way??

Roy Simson
    Participant

Well its very clear that the agencies are still have problems filling slots as I am never seen before " Gentlemen, please repsond to the following project"

Since this job is for Horizon Survey Company U.A.E. who can blame any body for not wanting to work for them :- http://www.rovworld.com/ftopict-4582.html .

A bit disappointed at the rates on offer for ISS for Supervisor working in Espoir – Abidjan at only £400 yes I know there are over time money but I still think its not going to bring the rate to any were near what the going rate should be .

Why work in Africa when you can work say in Holland at well over £500 a day with no risk .

Speaking of Africa I have been hearing that Fugro in Cairo are paying $850 USD for short term jobs if its true with a bit of luck the other main line companies might get the message and put there rates up .

Because £375 – £425 is far to low which seems to be whats on offer at the moment .

Hot job requirements just come in Noordhoek are looking for a Supervisor for a Mohican at a Day Rate of £550
    Contact crewing@n-sea.com or if you like to go via a agency try zabina.ayub@quest-energy.co.uk

Or if any of you fancy a short 10 day Rov Supervisors job in Down Town Nigeria ( Dont forget your bullet proof vest from Ebay ) day rate is £700 Per Day Sorry have no work scope or vehicle but contact :-
    mdistaso@naurexgroup.com ( agency )

Well should any other members hear of any good day rates just add them as soon I will be off again on my trips .

Good Hunting

Raptor

sedco
    Participant

The ISS post actually says

"Full day rate plus £400 per day overtime payment for night shift. "

Too good to be true? Probably.

subman
    Participant

What I dont understand is if Bluestream and N-Sea can pay £550 and thats working in the North Sea there is not much point in going all the way down to Africa and working for ISS and earning £150 less .

Mine you most of the agencys are all pushing the same rates for sups for work in the middle east or europe .Its about time they got there act together on rates as we are not talking just £10 or £20 pounds here thats £150 more thats over £1000 extra for working 7 days or £4000+ a month more .

It makes you think ?

Subman

liddelljohn
    Participant

Average rate for Just Pilot tech Northsea through agency recently has been £380-£420 but i have a job in Asia now paying £520 for PT my supervisor is on £670

so any company offering £400 for a supervisor with vague overtime promises is taking the piss.

seems to me that the pressure is on to raise rates , word is from agency insiders Sonsub are reveiwing agency rates as they cant fill slots currently they offer £375max for PT in europe but are likely to raise it to £400 within weeks ,

the other companies will have to follow the market eventually

Mike McEwan
    Participant

The way I read it was full day rate plus £400 per day overtime for nightshift.
    Sounds OK if the dayrate is half decent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar