Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Another comediene…

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    T-Boy
    Participant

I agree…So my basic math concludes that:

Avg Supv d.r = £650 (ish)
    Plus O/T = £400

Equates to a reasonable night shift rate ❗

DANFROV
    Keymaster

I am surprised nobody have asked why there is a £ 400 uplift for night shift.. Are you working on your own? during night shift?

DanF

Roy Simson
    Participant

Sounds to good to be true Dan , I would love to hear from the person who took the job and find out the what the total day rate was .

I know a bit of the story , You live on a FPSO and the boat being used only runs in day time only so I think if you were doing nights you do 16 hours but day shift was only working 8 hours .

All very strange stuff !

Raptor

Neil Davies
    Participant

The way I read it was full day rate plus £400 per day overtime for nightshift.
    Sounds OK if the dayrate is half decent

ISS Supervisor for Espoir Platform inspection will be paid Full Supervisor rate plus £400 per day for the night shift as you will be covering 16 hours! So you know what we pay Supervisors as it has already been posted on this website. Please note that this job is not normally offered out to agencies so I can assure you it is a good deal. Dickie

Neil Davies
    Participant

The way I read it was full day rate plus £400 per day overtime for nightshift.
    Sounds OK if the dayrate is half decent

The day rate for Supervisor with platform inspection experience depends on who they work through. Agency rate for Supervisor varies but I would say that £450 per day should be achievable, so that would give you £850 per day!

Neil Davies
    Participant

I am surprised nobody have asked why there is a £ 400 uplift for night shift.. Are you working on your own? during night shift?

DanF

Hi Dan, the £400 per day night shift bonus is because they can only travel to the FPSO during day light hours so the night shift end up being 16 hours away from the FPSO and the day shift cover the other 8 hours! They will swap shifts half was through to share the extra work / cash!

Regards
    Dickie

T-Boy
    Participant

Please note that this job is not normally offered out to agencies so I can assure you it is a good deal. Dickie

Dickie, is this because they don’t want to be in the loop if the ’employee’ was to have a work related accident during this extended period?

Has ISS undertaken a Fatigue risk index for this?
    Just curious…

T-Boy
    Participant

Quoted from the ROV job board:

Location:Roughbirchworth, Sheffield (S36) , S36 8ZP View map
    Salary: £35000 – £40000 per annum
    Date posted: 23/07/2012 16:14
    Job type:Permanent
    Company: Drake International
    Contact: Christina Ashcroft Ref: Totaljobs/cja/ROV/OF Job ID: 54148749

Drake Outperform Recruitment are an recruitment organisation working with their Client who is looking for:

Experienced offshore marine ROV Pilots /Rogue Operatives – required to work on board our clients salvage vessel, although training may be available for
    exceptional applicants with electrical/mechanical and/or hydraulic engineering
    background. You will have worked in heavy engineering (plant/marine)

You will be required to work on board ship operating a remotely operated rogue hydraulic
    winch, salvaging various materials from the sea bed. You will also be
    responsible for the day to day maintenance and repair of the machinery. There
    may also be some surveying duties incorporated. Currently based offshore in
    Southern Ireland , the position is permanent 6 hour shifts and you will be working one
    month on and one month off. The position could take you anywhere worldwide.
    All travel and day to day living expenses will be met by the client. It is vital that you are prepared to spend long periods away from home, and are able to cope with long periods of travel if called for.
    IMPORTANT: THIS POSITION IS NOT RIG BASED. 🙄 😆

Roy Simson
    Participant

Just seen this :-

ROV Pilot Technician
    Job LocationDoha, Qatar
    Job DetailsWe have a requirement for an ROV Pilot Technician to join a vessel in offshore Qatar for 4-5 weeks, mobbing on the 8th Oct.

Daily Rate has been confirmed as USD 469.00.

Vehicle being used is a Seaeye Surveyor Plus.

If interested and available, please forward your CV to the above email address.

Thanks
    Company NameEtpm

How on earth does he expect to get a experience Sea Eye P/T for $469 USD. And they wonder why they can’t find any body .

Cheers

Raptor

T-Boy
    Participant

Here is the answer…Excerpt taken from Linker-din.

ROV Staff from all stages, from entry level to super – make yourself known, positions worldwide and crew changes happening within the next week – Sea eye systems prefered

In reply from one ‘chap’:

Hi I am very interested willing to pay for my own 1st flight out there.

🙄

So you see the problem; Whilst there are still nuggets around that do not have a scooby, salesmen and women will take advantage 💡

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Hi I am very interested willing to pay for my own 1st flight out there.

God! That jacks me right off! Why do people do that?

I struggled twice in my career to get a break.. first time was diving and 10 years after ROV. Not once did it cross my mind to pay for flights or offer to work for free!! How low do people want to stoop??

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Well , You know who to blame for this crap James ………………. "ROV Schools" and Agencies. 😕

Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes I must agree most of these silly rates is down to the agencys all bidding for the same work .

I still think all agencys using this site should put down there rates on offer it would save so much time . Some do but the main agencys using this site dont .The topic is locked after the ad is placed so no body should be able to add any thing .

Also if the work is in Norway is the day rate subject to local tax !

But things are just getting a bit silly at the moment what with rates from some very low and guys offering there services for free I bet Fugro Middle East would love that .

Cheers

Raptor

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I have to say that a few years back there were only a handful of agencies. Now, there are loads of them popping up all over the place and, as mentioned above, all looking for a slice of the same piece of pie!
    The ROV schools are pumping out plenty of cheap ROV labour. The Agencies are offering very low rates. Companies are holding back on the rates as much as they can to maximise profit. The ROV crews are now on the receiving end of the net effect of that.

Basically, the money now is no better than it was 10 years ago! To cap that, there are people offering to pay their own air fares!

…The topic is locked after the ad is placed so no body should be able to add any thing .

On the matter of locked topics.
    It’s us admins that lock the topics for a very sound and well proven reason.

A few years back they were not locked and sometimes all sorts of crap was posted about the job on offer, the person that added it, or the agency concerned.
    Gradually agencies started not to post at all, to the detriment of all those that use this site. So, now agencies continue to post job vacancies quite regularly and the job posts are locked as soon as an admin sees the post(s).

Of course there is nothing to stop anyone from discussing a job posting by way of starting another thread in the employment discussion board and referring to it there.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Pay peanuts , …………………….And you will get lots of monkies 🙂
    Problem is , ……………. The Monkies keep coming back 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar