Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Another comediene…

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Roy Simson
    Participant

Fully understand on locking the Topics but it would make things much more straight forward if they put down the rates on offer for the job requirement and if the work was in Norway or Denmark is the rate subject to local tax .

As for the people paying there own airfares its like the old days when divers stayed in the Oceaneering staff house in Dubai and just worked for there board and keep .

Cheers

Raptor

Roy Simson
    Participant

Ok this just landed in my mail box :-

£350 – £450 for Experienced Supervisors , Pilot Techs

ROV PT’S / ROV SUPERVISOR’S REQUIRED – NORTH SEA AND WEST AFRICA
    My client is currently looking to fill a number of ROV positions in the North Sea and West Africa.
    The client is looking for both Pilot Techs and Supervisors.. EXPERIENCE IS NECCESARY – NO TRAINEES
    The requirements are as follows:
    · DC Mohawk – Inspection/Observation
    · DC Mohawk- Platform Inspection
    · Mohican – TOFD MAG-ROVER TOOL
    · Super Mohawk – Diver observation
    · TXLS- Construction/ Survey
    The client is offering :
    · 28-30 day contract
    · North Sea based or West Africa based
    · £300-350 (PT Position)
    · 350-450 (Supervisor Position)
    To be considered for the role please send an up to date CV to the email address provided.
    Many thanks,

Vivid Resourcing Ltd

If you only pay peanuts your only going to get Monkeys !

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Hmmmmm , Greedy Greedy Agencies wanting a pick of the pie aye 😀

T-Boy
    Participant

Spend 50 pence on a phone call to this bunch for a real giggle. The rates are great…
    😆
    [quoteGood Afternoon,

I’m looking for Pilots/Supervisors for the following job:

XLR/XLX Experience
    6 x ROV Crew (3 on days / 3 on nights) x2 Supervisor x4 ROV Pilots
    4 week rotational
    Crew to be on continual rotation through November & December
    Mob 2nd November
    Mob out of Dundee
    SOW: Spot work

If you are interested and would like to be put forward or require more info then please get in touch. info@ivoffshore.co.uk

George Ray
    info@ivoffshore.co.uk
    IV OFFSHORE
    Neptune Marina, 27 Neptune Quay, Ipswich, IP4 1QJ
    Tel: +44 (0) 1473 283485 | Freephone: 03332005444 😆 😆

Ray Shields
    Participant

Err, I just notice their "freephone" number 0333 (in the UK), it is NOT Free, it is local rates or free if you have an inclusive minutes package on your phone only.

George
    Participant

The reason we have an 0333 instead of 0800 is because research has shown most people today use mobiles instead of landlines and will usually have a call bundle in their contract.

(03 generation numbers) are the only non-geographical numbers that are included within the free minutes packages.

The more recognisable 0800 number is free from landlines, but can be very expensive to call from mobiles.

We have to pay for this service but we feel it is important to give our customers the best service with as little cost to them as possible.

If you don’t have a free call bundle our team will be happy to call you if you email jobs@ivoffshore.co.uk

You can also phone IV Offshore at our Asia Pacific Division on +6328464356 This is not free, but may be a cheaper option if you live in that part of the world!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😀

Roy Simson
    Participant

Just seen this and they wonder why they cant get experienced rov personnel !

ROV Pilot Tech

current requirement for a Pilot Tech to do a 45 day trip, in offshore Doha, commencing as soon as possible.

Candidates MUST have seaeye experience, and a valid offshore survival and medical.

Rate has bee confirmed at: $509.00USD.

CONTACT – ETPM

Thats £319 !

Raptor

Roy Simson
    Participant

Were do they get these silly rates from ?

Smit Subsea Middle East is looking for ROV pilot technician for an ongoing project in Qatar.

Mobilisation : 15th Dec 2012,Offshore Qatar

Duration : 60 days approx

SOW
    Phase 1: Touchdown monitoring of two pipelines
    Pipeline 1:- Al Rayyan in field pipelay of 10″ line between Platform & SPM
    Pipeline 2:- 24″ pipelay between offshore platform & Halul Island; both pipelays are around 2.5km in length.
    Phase 2: As built survey of two pipelines

Day rate : USD 480 = £298

If interested, please send email to n.simon@smit.com

deepseacon
    Participant

Afternoon
    I currently require Pilots and Supervisors for one of our clients for a job starting January 3rd

System Sealion
    Location West Coast India
    Duration 45 days up to 12 months
    Scope of work Light construction and IRM

RATES HAVE BEEN SET BY THE CLIENT NOT BY US
    Pilot 425 USD a day
    Supervisor 700USD a day If you are available please send upto date CV all certs and a contact number
    They will be deciding on crew in the next 24 hours as they have to arrange Visa’s

Regards

Matt Britton
    +63 28464356
    IV OFFSHORE MANILA

deepseacon
    Participant

Dont know where that n.simon gets the 480 rate from as Smit have been paying 500 USD for there PT for some time.

I had a mail today with 500 on it for that contract.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Roy Simson
    Participant

What on earth is going on in the middle east as just seen this :-

ROV Pilot Tech – Immediate Start

Salary:
    $450 – $500 per annum
    Date posted:
    04/12/12 09:21
    Job type:
    Contract
    Company:
    Worldwide Recruitment Solutions
    Sam Houghton
    Ref:
    Totaljobs/WRS 38441
    Job ID:

WRS are currently recruiting for Pilot Techs on a modern DP2 vessel in Qatar, our client is a well-established and well known organisation and is professional in all operations. This is on a 45 day rotation and has an immediate start date . Previous experience on a Seaeye Surveyor Plus would be preferred

Yes I have a feeling this is the same job but $450 is only £279 This is getting silly Subtech are paying $750 for a P/T $825 for Supervisors and $875 for Superintendent .

If this is Smit its going to be Seaeye Surveyor 228 and its a free swimmer with no TMS so going to be fun keeping it out of the thrusters .

Good luck to who ever accepts this work at this rate !

Raptor

liddelljohn
    Participant

just had a couple of agencies call me about jobs in ME and last year same companies were paying £395 for same work over XMAS etc now only offering £350 for PT

last few jobs in North sea and philipines i got £420 as PT

i does seem that the clients are trying it on IMHO rather than the agencies as the agent seem a little exasperated as well.

liddelljohn
    Participant

off to work again Monday Doha , the people who offered me £350 before have now upped it to £395 now i said OK cos i want to get away from Prattaya high season .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar