Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Another comediene…

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Another comediene…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    T-Boy
    Participant

You win the Golden Spoon Raptor!

I am a gasp. What is disappointing though is that they will most probably fill the post with someone that would normally work for free just to get offshore 🙄

I have read a surprising amount of posts on LinkedIn of peeps offering to work offshore for nothing…it beggars belief!

Roy Simson
    Participant

Well many years ago due to amount of divers available they would work just for there board and keep in the Oceaneering staff house in Dubai .

So they will find some poor bugger like you say .

Raptor

Roy Simson
    Participant

I have just been cc a email from a colleague regarding a requirement from Ivoffshore there looking for a experienced Sea Eye Cougar XT Supervisor for some job in the Middle East the rate there paying is $500 USD = £300 .

This has to be a Joke ! With the price of Oil being well over $100 USD why are the rates this low ? Perhaps someone from Ivoffshore can explain .

Raptor

deepseacon
    Participant

Been on several contracts were ivoffshore has contractors on board and they have been paying a lot less than some other well know agency’s on the same jobs.

subman
    Participant

Yes I have heard the same deepseacon but I dont understand why I understand rates in the middle east for experienced supervisor is about $750 – $850 this is what Fugro and SubTech are paying . So I would love to know were all this money is going , Thats $350 short about £200 per day £6000 a month

I would love to know why Ivoffshore is only paying just $500 USD , This is 2014 and the price of oil is over $100 a Barrel so the clients have the money.

I think maybe were in the wrong job

subman

liddelljohn
    Participant

The job is probably with Boskalis but they will pay $750+ but Boskalis also love to try it on ,,,,IV are trying to under cut all the other agencies and garner the market ,

Donnie Cameron
    Participant

IV Offshore supplied guys to us exactly a year ago. We paid IV offshore $850 a day (which was our PT rate) IV offshore paid them $500 a day. They actually offered the guys $480 a day initially. The guys were muppets and we got rid of them asap but what do you expect for that money? So now you know where the money is going!! We won’t be using IV offshore again.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Thanks for the information Pondlife and after reading it I think maybe this Topic should be under " Danger Zone! " Scams and other things you should keep your guard up for ! . Wow being paid $850 and only paying $500 USD .

Like I said I think we are in the wrong job as someone made £6000 . But like you say you wont get hard core Rov personnel for that rate .

Cheers

Raptor

T-Boy
    Participant

IMO IV Offshore along with others are new and inexperienced in this game.

I have heard from more than one end client that they will not deal with them.

Judging on the amount of different people sending out the same job emails, it appears to be run by school-kids that don’t really have any business acumen whatsoever.

The old saying goes…’Accept peanuts and you are a monkey’ or something like that!

John TRAV
    Participant

Haha IV Offshore – Cowboys sending out incompetent unqualified chimps…

We have had a few clump weights recently, the current one is from Luanda and is on £380/day, cant put a nut on a bolt but thinks he’s ideal for the job because he has a "degree" in "fianance" from his "local university"…..

Can’t fly can’t tech, no building blocks for progressing, rockstar wages and claims he’s a sub eng lol………..

Thats IV Ofshore for you – lowering the standard altogether………..

Perry Moore
    Participant

I would like to offer my opinion if I may.

I am an ROV recruiter and I charge my clients a percentage of the contractor’s day rate as opposed to charging a fixed fee, paying my guys out of that and then keeping the rest for myself. The percentages I negotiate with my clients are very competitive which in turn enables me to pay my contractors the best rate possible whist still taking my fee.

This is just my opinion but I feel that this model benefits everyone and builds a good foundation for long term working relationships.

I am not here to fish for contacts or CV’s however if anyone is interested in speaking to me my contact details are below.

Perry

Perry Moore
    Anderson Young UK Ltd
    + 44 (0) 1276 478 940
    perrym@andyoung.co.uk

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Do you supply positions for trainees as well , Perry Moore ?

Perry Moore
    Participant

Unfortunately trainee positions are very rare to come by lostboy. That being said I did manage to secure contract positions for three of my guys last summer. All had less than 100 flying hours and were keen to gain more experience. To date, two of the three secured staff positions with this company and the other is still working through me and has a regular slot with a different client.

I guess what I am saying is that for me and I suspect for other agents trainee and PT 2 positions are rare but never say never.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

……And how long have you been in the ROV business ? What Vehicles have you worked on yourself ?

Perry Moore
    Participant

I have been recruiting solely in the ROV sector for just over a year now since I started with Anderson Young. Previously I did little bits with a another company as well as other Oil & Gas positions. I don’t have any experience flying an ROV however I have taken time to learn and understand the industry as best as I can and personally the ROV market interests me (not just from a financial stand point).

I have learnt quite quickly that this is a very small market and bad practises can be costly in the long run. I am looking to make a good name for myself as a recruiter in the long term and not just to make a quick buck!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar