Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance H M Revenue & Customs TAX Ruling

H M Revenue & Customs TAX Ruling

Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance H M Revenue & Customs TAX Ruling

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    rigboot
    Participant

Can anyone provide any solid links to this information?

Not solid links but maybe more evidence:

http://www.oilbeefhooked.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=122

http://www.seatax.ltd.uk/

Its Ok if you are a billionaire living the life in london…NO TAX FOR YOU SUNSHINE!!
    Just shows you the mentallity of these f**ckwits
    The billionaire Indian industrialist Lord Swraj Paul is owner of the Caparo group, an active member of the upper house, a Labour party donor and chairman of the Olympics Delivery Committee. According to Wikipedia he has made his home in London since 1966. However, he is not domiciled here and pays no income tax.
    Nor does Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. Despite owning flats worth £17m in Lowndes Square, Knightsbridge, a £10m home in Belgravia and a £20m estate in Sussex, the Chelsea football club owner says he doesn’t live here. He is still resident in Moscow for tax purposes…
    Makes you laugh!!!

Buffel
    Participant

Keysersoze, I am in a position to confirm that this is TRUE. I have spoken this morning with somebody dealing with another FED issue that I have from being stupid enough to work for UKPS. This ruling was published on the 14th of january this year,ANY tax claim submitted after this date will therefore fall foul of it! ie if you have yet to claim for earlier years,thats gone. Any claims made for 2007-2008 will be likely to be reclaimed for the FULL period and NOT merely from Jan-April. If the vessel that you are on performed its task whilst "stationed" it will be classed as an offshore installation and not eligible for FED purposes.

By the way Ray,thanks for consistantly providing the Revenue with fresh Ideas,they have found this site to be highly informative and at times amusing!! I sure that they have been quite capable of closing the loop hole without your suggestions,you may not have been claiming FED but the impact on this industry will extend beyond your control van, the deck hand on £22k a year because the Co knows that he will claim FED etc etc. Enough said!

sunseeker
    Participant

JUST WHEN YOU THINK THINGS COULDNT GET ANY WORSE HAVE YOU HAD THE EMAIL THIS MORNING!!!!!!

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

Sunseeker,
    It’s a bit early for a beer but go on, tell me the worst…

Actually it’s not too early for a beer, sod it!

Monkey

DJansen
    Participant

It’s alright bangin on about the fellas who aren’t able to get their tax back.. But that’s the choice many of them made.. They do short ‘easy’ trips on rigs checkin bull’s eyes and watching BOP’s.. If they were short of cash or got tired of 2on/2off they had plenty of chance to try other work sites.. However guys willing to go halfway round the world and work on barges and boats etc have always taken the extra cash as a perk of the job.. Now old Gordy Broon has done away with the it why would guys bother ? Take your pic.. quick chopper ride and a short trip with all the mod cons or a 40 hr crewchange to Africa.. If the money is basically the same ( give or take the hardship bonus) why would you ?

Or worse still .. why bother with offshore at all.. Once the tax back is gone there really isn’t much difference between an offshore salary and a well paying onshore job… (apart from being able to visit the pub and shag the missus every night )

Just another example of the Labour mob having to tax the shit out of working guys to pay for all the layabouts, single mums, asylum seekers and other riff raff… Think they call it ‘vote buying’

well hopefully what’s left of the working voting public will vote Broon out of office …

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

well hopefully what’s left of the working voting public will vote Broon out of office …

To quote Guido Fawkes Blog:

"Dead man walking…" and he knows it

Monkey

Steve
    Participant

Tell me how joining a uni0n will change this? I think their just going to take our money every month and say "oh, were still short of members"…. Will somebody actually stand up and fight the case or not, i dont think theres much we can do here but im still on the balance with this desicion….

Pass me the salter………

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

JUST WHEN YOU THINK THINGS COULDNT GET ANY WORSE HAVE YOU HAD THE EMAIL THIS MORNING!!!!!!

Sunseeker,
    Come on, spill the beans!

Monkey

liddelljohn
    Participant

As I stated before , I have a friend who works for a car design company based in UK he gets paid through Ltd Company but he has a Zero UK TAX code even though he owns 4 houses in UK and works in Italy ,germany and Japan. He pays no taxes in those countries ,He pays Tax only on his 3 properties that are rented he has a UK accountant and is in the UK up to 183 days a year ,his wife and kids stay in Sussex.He has been on this regime for 29 years now with no problem from Inland revenue.he grosses over £95,000
    from work alone and reckons he has never coughed up more than £4,000 taxin any year to date with all accounts signed off by accountant and revenue.

So maybe we need to examine new ways of doing things , i used to be Ltd company when working telecoms and never paid much tax .

I am sure some clever people will find ways to keep thir money safe from Gordon and his merry men.

I

Ray Shields
    Participant

Just to confirm it for people and for those who have asked for proof its true – this is the reply from HM Revenue regarding the question, along with links to the info_

Dear Sir

I have received a number of e-mails on this subject so have prepared the following as a global response.

HMRC has now considered the impact of the Special Commissioners¿ decision SPC0679, the Pride South America (PSA) case, in relation to claims to Seafarers¿ Earnings Deduction (SED). The decision is at:-,

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/Aspx/view.aspx?id=3869

It is intended that revised guidance on these matters will be available from December 2008 on the internet at:-,

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM33104.htm

However, as a matter of customer service, I can now advise you that claims submitted on or after 14 January 2008 will be considered in the light of the PSA decision.

Construction/construction support/well service and dive support vessels will no longer be considered to be ships for the purposes of SED. Pipelaying barges may continue to be considered as ships if involved solely in laying pipes.

K2
    Participant

Ah well………we’ll have to up the rate from £500 – £700 to £800 – £1000 per day…. 😆

Looking at a number of quarterly reports and finacials of oil and gas comanies they can easily afford it and they can’t do it without us….can they?!

Keep smiling

😉

thinsub
    Participant

Lets face it guys the companies will have to put up rates for construction work which tends to be more labour intensive, we all used to put up with it as you usually got your tax back on a construction vessel.

Africa you usually work your t#ts off down there on construction as you get virtually no weather down time and when on transit you catch up with your maintenance.

If not we will all be trying to get that retirement post on a rig in the North sea, or on to a cable ship.

Thinsub

i-robot
    Participant

I have been in the industry for the last 18 months on tranee salay
    now I have to pay tax on what I have earnt since january,
    have I just wasted nearly 2 years of my life.
    I started in this industry to give me some hope of retirement and look after my family, snakes and fucking ladders, thank you Gordon. 🙁

SGB
    Participant

I have been in the industry for the last 18 months on tranee salay
    now I have to pay tax on what I have earnt since january,
    have I just wasted nearly 2 years of my life.

No I-Robot it would seem you will have to tax on your earnings for the whole of 2007-08

Any claims made for 2007-2008 will be likely to be reclaimed for the FULL period and NOT merely from Jan-April.

Thankfully the trainees on my boat (one of them pipelaying ones) are here because they want to be and are not always moaning about how life is unfair because they are not on £500 a day after 2 years.

It has been mentioned already you are the master of your destiny; find a position where you can claim back the tax, put up with it because it ain’t going to change or find a job on the beach. Lets face it contract Engineers with ROV experience are getting paid £500 – £750 a day onshore and by using an umbrella company as payroll you only pay 22% tax. The choice is yours do something yourself or wait for someone to do it for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar