Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Sub Net Service’s (philippines training for ROV pilots)

Sub Net Service’s (philippines training for ROV pilots)

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Sub Net Service’s (philippines training for ROV pilots)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    sedco
    Participant

good instructors who know what the score is

Damo

So what did they tell you the score is?

oracle
    Participant

How can you trust his words if you know who he really is???

deepbluespark is just making up stories… I was in the Philippines when he took his rov course, I was sent by a company to look out for potential rov training sites in Asia, I just stumbled upon SubNet services and somewhat wathched over the training, and the delegates of course as I was tasked to pick out a few of them… Then, there was deepblue, name witheld as to protect his dignity… well, he’s a disaster, he picks a fight anywhere he goes and all of his trainee mates are really mad at him and requested that he should be quarantined from them… and at the dorm, in one of the restos there, he even ate a whole crispy pork serving and after munching on it and take note, eating it all up, he even had the guts to tell the crew that it was horrible and he won’t pay for it… ah, so much for that…

well, if your planning on going to the Philippines to do a training, they definitely give a Great training and a nice background for the rookies…

DJansen
    Participant

Don’t waste your money guys…

Doesn’t matter who’s course you are thinking of attending..

The simple fact is that if a ROV company won’t hire you i’s because you don’t have the relevant experience or training..

Taking a ROV course for a few weeks won’t change a thing..

Spend your cash on a relevant trade course with a recognised certificate..

It may take a bit longer but you will have a qualification that will be accepted by companies as proof of your abilities ( good for other industries too if you get bored with life offshore)

As long as u have the basic trade skills be they electronics. mechanics, hydraulics or electronics you will get a job and then you can start to learn piloting and operations..

REPEAT >>>> DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ROV COURSES <<<<<

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Why does’nt someone blow Sub Net Mc B*ll SH*t out the water???

Some ‘one’ person can’t do as you suggest but if there is bullshit that needs blowing out of the water then joint constructive discussion highlighting failure points and downsides is the way to go.
    It one way that has already happened here in this thread with alternative venues also being proposed.

Rather than simply hammer those that get it wrong don’t forget to praise those that get it right!

rusk
    Participant

http://www.globalmarinesystems.com
    They do small ROV courses, no more than 6 on each, reasonable price and experienced instructors. I went and looked at the facilities before I booked and chatted with the Instructors and guys that were doing the ROV course at the time and this is what swayed it for me. You need to do your home work before parting with your cash.

deepbluespark
    Participant

🙂

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I just Haaaaaaaaaaaaaave to speak 8)
    So again we have the Pro’s and Conns of doing a course to enlighten the naive and innocent 😯
    If there is a job out there for you and you have the inteligence and a good background with the basics……………… get an interview with an ROV company , If they see some potential …… You get a job and a trial period. If you have not got the potential , They will not employ you and you can think about going somewhere else or think about changing your occupation all together , Either way , the ROV company pays for your instruction come courses OR you still have a tidy little some of money saved which you can live on or put towards another type of business. The ROV courses around the world are there to make money off your back and what you learn for a week in one of their classrooms you would probably gain in one day plus more Offshore 🙄
    Getting a medical is common sense and mandatory, Doing the survival is mandatory , the two of them combined is enough to prove that you are serious about working Offshore let alone the ROV industry and the company will see this because they do not have to pay out themselves. The only thing that ALL the ROV’s have in common is that they fly underwater 😯
    There are many types of control systems , different types of fixtures and assemblies , Small rat type ROV’s and Big Big ones , Hydraulic , or Electrical or both . YOU WILL NOT learn about all these on a course ! You will learn about the basics ( saying AGAIN ) when you go work one day offshore , It’s common sense really 🙄
    If you want to blow your money on a classroom lecture course ………………… It’s your perogative ! If you are that ‘Green’ that you have never worked in the offshore Industry at all 😕 I can give you a starter package for a princely sum ………………………….. All you have to do IS ……………………………………send me your account details and I will send you the information once a week for a period of twelve months 😀

afrihunts
    Participant

Hi. I’m about to do the course offered at Texas State Tech Collge, Waco. The stories about Subnet ROV course in Phillipines sound pretty crap. Anyone have comments on the TSTC course, would be appreciated. Cheers.

deepbluespark
    Participant

If there is a job out there for you and you have the inteligence and a good background with the basics……………… get an interview with an ROV company , If they see some potential …… You get a job and a trial period. If you have not got the potential , They will not employ you and you can think about going somewhere else or think about changing your occupation all together , 😀

It’s true, if you go direct to company, not through e-mailing them 100 times over your CV, but go knock there door with your REAL CV, and medical and survival certs to hand, they will see you’re keen and give you a trial, and then send you on a course themselves, and pay for it, and your wage’s whilst you’re on the course.

And it ain’t rocket sience, although many guy’s off shore will have you believe it is, it’s more about common sense and aptitude to learn and remember.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

FAO: oracle & deepbluespark

People… if you want to have a dig at each other, under the guise of your forum user names, please do so via PM and not in the open forum.
    I have no clue as to your history and am not interested in it. I doubt if many other people are around here either as it has no relevance to the topic.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

There you go 🙂
    Someone with a "Spark" of inteligence 😀

damo
    Participant

They told me the industry has a lot of crying men. Who think they are the best thing from sliced bread. In every thing they do

They also told us there are some good guys offshore that do know what they are doing and will help a rookie to learn the ropes.

The rest of the stuff is Elect / Hydraulics / simulator etc BLAH BLAH

Damo

oracle
    Participant

actually, I’ve been there done that… training in Manila is great… well, all of those who haven’t seen or tried the training must not think or say it’s crap… well, here’s the thing, it’s not fair if you haven’t met someone and tell about him as some kind of crap person to others just because you want to…

thanks to the admin for the enlightening words.

deepbluespark
    Participant

so, now youre just somebody who done the training there oracle, and not as a scout?

Enlightening words from admin? Give it a rest…

Youre obviously someone who done the course and can’t get a job through its lack of credibility, or just work for subnet services who run the course and youre trying to boost flagging numbers attending your course,

Anyway, no more thrrats through PM telling me youre the man with the power to get me black listed, and that ill never work off shore again.

Regards

Deepbluespark

ROVRatt
    Participant

Deepbluespark wrote:

Anyway, no more thrrats through PM telling me youre the man with the power to get me black listed, and that ill never work off shore again.

A bit of intimidation, I see. Please tell us Oracle, do you work for a company that operates ROV’s?

So Damo, ROV’s are simple, just some stuff that is elect/hydraulic/simulators. Good, you’re just the guy needed offshore. Please come show us how to do this job.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar