Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? new fugro ops manager

new fugro ops manager

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? new fugro ops manager

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    bt
    Participant

hello savechange
    How long is it since you got sacked from Rovtech?
    as you must have been to put comments like that on??

Anonymous

my time with Rovtech was a mixed one, early days were good when Gordon was in charge, but KP was an absolute kn#bb@r who failed in every aspect of his job!! how such a person ever entered the Offshore industry is proof that no one cares one iota about competance. Now the clown is infecting Fugro, what a joke!! What a shame!!

Anonymous

bt, so what is your AKA ?? a bit silly that you want to get into a subject, but don’t want to use your real ROVWorld ID.

TheProphet
    Participant

Savechange

I dont think that this is the appropriate place to slag somone off, if you have a problem with a company or a particular person why not be proffessional about it and call them in person.
    Instead of throwing childish insults about on a website that wasn’t designed for doing such a thing.
    I know the person in question both proffesionally and socially, and i’m sure he would appreciate it more if you kept your comments to yourself or called him in person.

Anonymous

Savechange

I dont think that this is the appropriate place to slag somone off, if you have a problem with a company or a particular person why not be proffessional about it and call them in person.
    Instead of throwing childish insults about on a website that wasn’t designed for doing such a thing.
    I know the person in question both proffesionally and socially, and i’m sure he would appreciate it more if you kept your comments to yourself or called him in person.

Just like you everyone else is entitled to their opinion, and unlike you I do not feel the need to tell other people not to express their opinions.

Anonymous

Savechange

If you feel that as you know him socially that this some how justifies his inept standard of work, then you are a bigger fool than he is.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

User Account: savechange

Account deleted for breach of forum rules.

pizzadude
    Participant

Seems very harsh to simply without warning delete one of the few voices against the establishment.

This site originally was for ROV punters, it is clearly now changed and is for ROV company management only, anyone who says anything the establishment don’t like gets persecuted on this site.

Balloo
    Participant

True……………but sad, over the years I have seen a lot worse written on this site.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Seems very harsh to simply without warning delete one of the few voices against the establishment.

This site originally was for ROV punters, it is clearly now changed and is for ROV company management only, anyone who says anything the establishment don’t like gets persecuted on this site.

Nothing harsh about it. What part of warning do people not understand? It’s in the Forum rules.
    See this post in the General Board at the top:
    http://www.rovworld.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=626

Language – Do not use offensive language.
    We are here for people of all ages, and want everyone to feel comfortable. Offensive language constitutes as profanity, racial, ethnic, and gender based insults or any other personal discriminations, and posts meant to offend or hurt any other members or their work.
    If you need to say something do it sensibly with facts, not with insults.
    If you have an issue with a members language or attitude on this website please alert Admin by PM or via the feedback form.
    If the website Admin deem any posts as offensive then the members account in question may be deleted from the site without warning.
    In particular, if it is deemed that you have directly insulted another member your account will most probably be deleted.

This site still is for ‘ROV punters’ nothing has ‘clearly changed’ in that respect. However it has never been a platform for personal abuse.

What I will say is that a few years back it was a very rare occurrence, if at all, that anyone would stoop to individual slagging off of named persons, no matter if they are management or ‘ROV punters’

It’s interesting that you picked up on the site supposedly being for managers, based on the account deletion by admin, and yet no mention of the similar action taken for recent persecution of an ROV tech!
    The action is ‘clearly’ balanced and is applied across all accounts to protect all, not just carried out to protect management as you wrongly suggest.

This isn’t a website created to attack management or anyone else for that matter. Nor does it condone insults directed at individuals. This type of thing has come up a few times of late and warnings were issued to the effect that it is breach of forum rules. It was also pointed out that should people post such posts then their account could be deleted without notice.

We have no problem with people discussing the in’s and out’s of companies and their shortcomings but start naming names and it becomes a different ball game. There are potential legal issue involved too.
    As far as I am aware we have not deleted posts based on company discussions alone.

If you have a problem with someone, management or not, go and see them, or call them and get it sorted, but don’t try it on here…..

pizzadude
    Participant

sorry I missed the other deletion, this is the first time I have noticed a deletion, it was mainly because a discussion on Bluewhale was started, and it suddenly became very strange as the original post went missing so it looks daft now.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

sorry I missed the other deletion, this is the first time I have noticed a deletion, it was mainly because a discussion on Bluewhale was started, and it suddenly became very strange as the original post went missing so it looks daft now.

Point taken. A thread will look a little disjointed when an event like this happens.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar