Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Home Forums General General Board Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rate are increased

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am a qualified engineer, and I do not care who feels this is a non-Qualification industry, this is because once again the office staff are letting the industry down, employing friends and fellow masons who are not fit to clean toilets or clean the streets. Stop speaking bullshit all of you, £15 an hour is a small wage for a qualified engineer, a CAD engineer working from home gets £25 an hour minimum and is at home permanently. The oil industry is hemorraging work, and is so under staffed the big service companies who normally bid all contracts, but outwith their core contracts put in such a stupidly high bid they never get these contracts are now getting these contracts also. Pay peanuts get monkeys, but once again due to office staff who are completely un-qualified in any form of management there are now some really expensive monkies out there and this just means the decent people are going to cost you more and more!! feel free to take Brazillians, asians, indians etc.. but then watch your company’s reputation go down the toilet!!

Fundamentally all you office wonkers go take your propaganda somewhere else as none of us want to hear it, and care what you think. We know there is only one way to get what we want and that is to have you over a barrel, and everytime that happens we will screw you!! as we have been screwed by you for far too long!!

SGB
    Participant

I am a qualified engineer

Qualified or Registered? – there is a huge difference.

Stop speaking bullshit all of you, £15 an hour is a small wage for a qualified engineer, a CAD engineer working from home gets £25 an hour minimum and is at home permanently

Not sure where your figures are from. A CAD Operator can get considerably more if employed through an Agent, check out Matchtech, NES etc. So too can Engineers. I would suggest that you present your engineering experience and management skills to finding a job onshore. Then perhaps you could help fellow offshore crews and try to make this world a better place for all.

If you are lucky you will then pay lots of tax, have only 4 weeks holiday a year and not work weekends! and if you are really lucky you can play golf whilst in masonic gear flicking your cigar ash (Monti Cristo No 5) on the proleterate (offshore crews)

viva la revolution comrade……

piedpiper
    Participant

I am a qualified engineer, and I do not care who feels this is a non-Qualification industry, this is because once again the office staff are letting the industry down, employing friends and fellow masons who are not fit to clean toilets or clean the streets. Stop speaking bullshit all of you, £15 an hour is a small wage for a qualified engineer, a CAD engineer working from home gets £25 an hour minimum and is at home permanently. The oil industry is hemorraging work, and is so under staffed the big service companies who normally bid all contracts, but outwith their core contracts put in such a stupidly high bid they never get these contracts are now getting these contracts also. Pay peanuts get monkeys, but once again due to office staff who are completely un-qualified in any form of management there are now some really expensive monkies out there and this just means the decent people are going to cost you more and more!! feel free to take Brazillians, asians, indians etc.. but then watch your company’s reputation go down the toilet!!

Fundamentally all you office wonkers go take your propaganda somewhere else as none of us want to hear it, and care what you think. We know there is only one way to get what we want and that is to have you over a barrel, and everytime that happens we will screw you!! as we have been screwed by you for far too long!!

savechange,

why don’t you get a job you like ! It would seem most of us replying to your thread are happy enough with our lot, are happy with our time off and some of us don’t even pay tax. We have all met your type offshore, the ones who are always moaning about one thing or another, lets be honest if you got another 25% (which is possible if you move from one company to another) you will probably find something else to bleat about. Incidentally, which company do you work for ?

piedpiper

TBAR
    Participant

Where’s my axe gone?……
    8)

Anonymous

savechange,

why don’t you get a job you like ! It would seem most of us replying to your thread are happy enough with our lot, are happy with our time off and some of us don’t even pay tax. We have all met your type offshore, the ones who are always moaning about one thing or another, lets be honest if you got another 25% (which is possible if you move from one company to another) you will probably find something else to bleat about. Incidentally, which company do you work for ?

piedpiper

Hey Rat chatcher,

it’s not I don’t like my job or think I am severely underpaid, but no matter how you look at it £15 an hour is not huge pay for qualified people. It is still a fraction of what you office workers charge for us, what I am bleating on about is all you office wonkers sucking each other off on here saying how overpaid us offshories are!! it is just blatent propaganda.

I work for agencies only, never give your soul to a company, they treat you like shit all of them. I choose where I go, choose what I go for, and let me also say, you don’t need to move to get more pay, you just say no I am not going there unless they pay me XXXXX and amazingly enough they nearly always pay it. Supply and demand, and we are in demand!! so I just want the office wonkers to go away and stop chewing on each others stumps!!

Savechange

Anonymous

and what is most annoying of all is when some office wonker posts up pretending to be one of us offshories saying how they feel overpaid!! GET A GRIP!!!!

SGB
    Participant

Savechange

Stop speaking bullshit all of you, £15 an hour is a small wage for a qualified engineer

Using your figures,

£15 per hour x 24 = £ 360 per day

£ 360 per day average 200 day year = £ 72,000

So if its tax refundable it roughly translates to

Net take home £ 72,003
    National Insurance £ 4,111
    Tax £ 36,434
    Taxable Amount £107,325
    Tax free allowance £ 5,225

You would need a GROSS income of £ 112,550 to take home £72 ,000 if you were working onshore.

Which is nice……..isn’t it????

luckyjim37
    Participant

My god for once there are the majority in agreement that in fact we are getting decent money.

Yes as Ray said it would be good if we got more mad not to but in the ever shrinking world there is cheaper labour available so why start pricing our selves out of the market because some CAD artist somewhere earns more or some waste technician (binman) earns however much if you think they are on a better deal then have a career change.

I am ex forces and used to work a hell of a lot more days at sea than I do now and only got a fraction of the pay and had the privilage of hot bunking as well.

I have worked with guys this year who took serious pay cuts to get more days in for experience. They are the sort of guys who will have your jobs Savechange cos they do not care about an extra 10% they want days and experience and they are good hands as well.

About time some of the more experienced guys stopped moaning about money and started looking over their shoulders and see who is coming after their jobs.

There are to many eager young guys around with no commitments who will work for less than you to get ahead and to many foreign workers who will work for more than they get at home and that is still a lot less than you get.

Money is coming up all the time and will continue to do so as market conditions dictate but you cannot compare an offshore workers wages to the average guy in an office who works eight hours a day it is just sillyness.

Yeah the guys in our offices have a lot to answer for when it comes to the wrong people being employed or unqualified people getting offshore who should not be there but that is life and happens everywhere in every industry at some point so stop whining and get on with it.

Life is to short for all this pettiness about money. I have never claimed tax back and still cannot complain about the money.

Life is good and if you still feel angry make a snowman and beat it up then maybe you will feel better.

piedpiper
    Participant

savechange,

piedpiper

Hey Rat chatcher,

it’s not I don’t like my job or think I am severely underpaid, but no matter how you look at it £15 an hour is not huge pay for qualified people. It is still a fraction of what you office workers charge for us, what I am bleating on about is all you office wonkers sucking each other off on here saying how overpaid us offshories are!! it is just blatent propaganda.

I work for agencies only, never give your soul to a company, they treat you like shit all of them. I choose where I go, choose what I go for, and let me also say, you don’t need to move to get more pay, you just say no I am not going there unless they pay me XXXXX and amazingly enough they nearly always pay it. Supply and demand, and we are in demand!! so I just want the office wonkers to go away and stop chewing on each others stumps!!

Savechange

tightwad,

to seem to be contradicting yourself, one minute you are not getting paid enough, the next your telling us that you choose where you go and you choose what you go for. So whats the problem ?

piedpiper

piedpiper
    Participant

oh, and who has ever heard of the term ‘offshories’ enough said !

piedpiper

Anonymous

another office rat routed Pied Piper

Subhuman
    Participant

SGB
    I believe are day rate is based on a 12 hour day not the 24 hour day you propose.
    So 12 x 15 = 180

Savante
    Participant

Heh heh heh, I forcast that day rates will go up again this year. My rice crispies told me!! 😆

It’s winter blues lads; I’m going to buy a daylight simulation bulb or four to tide me through to march. 💡

SGB
    Participant

Subhuman

SGB
    I believe are day rate is based on a 12 hour day not the 24 hour day you propose.
    So 12 x 15 = 180

180 per day is roughly a Trainees day rate.

180 per day x 200 = 36,000

If this is tax refundable to get the same NET amount onshore it would require a GROSS amount of £51,550, which for a trainees position is not bad.

Good Senior Subs and Supervisors are getting well above the 360 a day, in the range of 380 to 425 a day.

Just for your info for a Supervisor on 400 per day working 200 days a year and claiming tax back this would equate to 80K (ie 400 x 200). For all those who are not able to claim tax refunds ie non seafarers to have a NET amount of 80K the GROSS salary required would be a mere £ 126,150.00

Which is nice…….

SGB
    Participant

http://pr.janes.com/public/jprjob/pay_condition.shtml

£ 122,934 Chief Constable for Norfolk / Suffolk Salary

http://www.studentadviser.net/careers/rafofficer.htm

£ 60,000 Wing Commanders Salary

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details/Default.aspx?Id=553

£ 32 – 60K Staff grade doctors

Now to put it all into prospective.
    http://rovworld.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=155

Bloody hell why work for a living onshore…………

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar